Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ultimate FX vs standard Hasbro sound comparison...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    Looks like there's enough room above each led to add your own to get rid of the spacing.

So it looks like all they did was strip down an MR board and put the cheapy components on it. Eh, could still use it. I would want to know for sure if the board could take 6v. Not to mention the size looks different, it may fit different (in a hilt) then the cheapy Obi-wan for instance.
    I do think some of the transistors on the board could be replaced, make it louder and brighter. But I think you would take some life off the board and possibly the LED that you are using. I'll have to look into that.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yes, the board can take 6 volts but I wouldn't push it any past that. I have my saber set up with a 4 AA Akaline battery pack (6 volts) and it has been doing fine. Keep in mind I fried 2 on board transistors and am only using 3 of the 5 LED circuits and am still getting 1100 mA out of the 3 circuits. I will probably not be getting anymore of these or any economy boards to put in sabers since the PC is unlocked and readily available.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

How did you fry the 2 transistors? I wonder how much I could get out of 4 or 5? enough to run 1500ma?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It is similar to that one except that you have to add 2 jumpers and tie the 5 LED circuits together. Here is a video of one I made.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    It is similar to that one except that you have to add 2 jumpers and tie the 5 LED circuits together. Here is a video of one I made.

You are a king my friend!! Thanks for the video and pics. I now have a weekend project!!

So now its 2 jumpers? Okay cool. Thanks for all the work Rhyen! Very cool to see it in video. Do you think that these new boards have a forward voltage limit like the old ones? Plus am I the only one that sees a striking similarity between this board and the MR boards?
    I just stated the obvious...again.
    Edit: BTW I was just at wally world (aka The Empire) and the stock person told me that they may not be getting any more of the older sabers. Anyone heard anything on that?
    Last edited by Noyl Wendor; 08-27-2011 at 10:45 PM.

HI again Rhyen!

I'm more of a tinkerer than an electrician.

In these images.....I need help with the "???" sections. I was able to bridge the 5 LED circuits, do the jumpers you showed in the video.....but I'm unclear on what some of the other wires go to.

Can you take a look at these pics and let me know what to do with the ??? wires?

Additionally, on the 5 LED circuits bridged, I have a red wire coming off that I am assuming goes to + on the LED?

Thanks for any additional help.

close_up_saber_sound.jpg

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The red and black wires on either side of the switch wires are the power wires coming from the battery pack. The red wire that you have on the bridged LED circuits go to the LED + and the black wire next to it is the LED -. The 2 blue wires next to that one are for your clash sensor.