Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: New Ultimate FX vs standard Hasbro sound comparison...

Quote Originally Posted by justletmepostable View Post
    @jvidamins
    i have not seen this set up in any of the ufx's i bought 3 days ago. only in the luke one actually just not the vader and anakin.
    I took it back and bought 3 other Vaders and they were all the old style, too. Not sure what the deal is with the one mounted to the blade???

@jvidamins
    you probably should have kept it. it could have been a rare mess up because i whent out and got another luke saber and it had the anakin one (swing sensor was on the anakin side) i still have the weird one trying to figure it out. my electronics and spelling abillety is not the best but i know enough to help.

As usual late to the party. I was thinking, for the swing sensor contacts. Could it be possible to attach one end of one sensor to the end of another? Then use the contacts from both sides of the board? (anakin and vader?) for that matter 4 contacts on the board, 3 (4?) swing sensors? All oriented in seperate directions.
    I did my first one of these a while back (sidetracked by PC awsomeness) now I'm back to a Vader board I have, been looking at this thread again, pleased to see the new updates
    I will say, this board (for me) has been a sort of pain in the rear

i honestly have no idea but try it out and tell us how it turns out

Quote Originally Posted by Noyl Wendor View Post
    As usual late to the party. I was thinking, for the swing sensor contacts. Could it be possible to attach one end of one sensor to the end of another? Then use the contacts from both sides of the board? (anakin and vader?) for that matter 4 contacts on the board, 3 (4?) swing sensors? All oriented in seperate directions.
    I did my first one of these a while back (sidetracked by PC awsomeness) now I'm back to a Vader board I have, been looking at this thread again, pleased to see the new updates
    I will say, this board (for me) has been a sort of pain in the rear
    Ya... so I wouldn't try that if I were you. Fried 2 boards and I think that was the cause. Take a look at the thread I started about it.... http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...-FX-sound-card

Just to add another data point. I picked up a Luke Ultimate FX yesterday and it has the in-blade style soundboard.

As a side note, it looks like the top ring of the emitter is attached with a metal pin/rivet. Is there any way to remove this short of drilling it out?

Have you made that tutorial yet?? I have kinda seen one, I am trying to put the soundcard/blade from the 2011 D.V ANH ( I think?? Its the one that the blade is soldered to the board?) Anyways, I think that if I can figure out a GUARANTEED bypass I would b a happy camper!! Any help would b appreciated!

Ok I know the thread is a little old, but I had a question and felt asking it in this thread was better then making a new thread. In regards to that sound board, would a Green Rebel star work in it if you used 4 AA set up with the 5 LED's bridged and still get a decent blade out of it or would I need to add a transistor to get a better glow? I ask cause it would make my life much easier to add sound the first time, as I don't wanna ruin a PC being they're so expensive for one, and I'm still learning how to solder decently. I plan on switching out the clash and swing sensors definately, as well as the speaker with those sold in the shop, but wanted to make sure whether I would/wouldn't need to get a tip42 to add to make the blade brighter.\

Edit: Also, a question on the bridging the LEDs.. (Kinda dumb on this).. Do you solder the LED connections together from the backside of the board? I think that's what it looks like everyone has done, but I wanna be sure as it would be my first time actually bridging connections.
    Last edited by Ashiva; 04-04-2012 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Corrected the number on the transistor type.

well...I seem to be one of the unlucky ones.after having all kinds of fun trying to get my windu working, I decided to crack my ultimate FX, and give that board a shot. Of course, its one of the ones that's soldered directly to the led ladder thingy. managed to un-solder the ladder...but I'm completely baffled by this thing now.

There is no emotion, there is peace.

Tannos Stgar, lost son of Galineas Prime. Drifter, nomad, Jedi.

"Oh but to see my home once more! To hear the snow flies singing to the setting sun, to watch the frost-flames light up the nights. Galineas, how I miss thee."

Depending on if you had just bought it or not and what type, I woulda said return it and get another one.. Seems that the anakin and the vaders are more likely the other sound board.. If it was a luke, it might be that kind.. And on rare occassions, the vaders and anakin ones would probably have that kind.. I would say buy one, unscrew it and pry it open without taking it apart.. You should be able to see inside enough to know whether it's the board you need, or a different board.. Then just return it and get another one, say something like your kid wanted the other color and you got the wrong one. when I go to buy one to rip open for the sound board (Which will be soon enough) I'mma make sure it's the board I need before I completely tear it apart.