Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Making custom Boot sounds for your Crystal focus or Petite Crouton

Well for starters it has an LED driver...

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

haha yeah but not for anything big, by big i mean 20w+
    but yes good point.
    So what, I made a cancer stick

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Magnus. View Post
    Ok you guys have almost got me convinced. Im thinking of getting a Petit crouton. Ive currently got a Obsidian but am not totally impressed. how much better is the petit crouton?
    You need to start another thread for this. (in which I will be glad to help ya out in comparisons) It deviates just a little much from the topic of making boot sounds....
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

sorry. if you want i will remove my posts.
    So what, I made a cancer stick

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A mod will do that if they deem it appropriate.

No worries.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Ok, so I've been messing around with things and still couldn't get it to work. I decided to do some research and I figured out a way that will get what we need for those of us that aren't having any luck with the tutorial.

The main thing is that you do still need both DVD Decypter and Audacity with the FFMpeg plug-in. Here are the differences...

1. Download and install AC3 Filter here: http://ac3filter.net/wiki/Projects/ac3filter
    2. Rip only the audio channel to your IFO using the settings in the tutorial but choose "Demux" instead of "Direct Stream Copy"
    3. If you've properly installed AC3 Filter, Audacity and the FFMpeg program, you should be able to browse out to the AC3 file created by DVD Decrypter. The file should be something like this: VTS_04_1 - 0x81 - Audio - AC3 - 2ch - 48kHz - DRC - English - DELAY 0ms.AC
    4. Go to File>Open in Audacity and open the file, it should give you a message box like this...

5. The file you open will be in stereo and probably sampled at 48,000Hz. This won't work for our needs. First, go to Tracks>Stereo to Mono (and let it run)
    6. Next, go to Tracks>Resample - choose "22050" (and let it run)
    7. When you're done you should have your entire movie in one large file in mono and 22,050Hz. This is what we need to work with. To finalize the file, go to File>Export (DO NOT CLICK "SAVE AS"!) and make sure the file type is "WAV (Microsoft) signed 16bit PCM"
    8. Now the entire movie has been exported to a fresh 16bit signed WAV file with one channel set to 22,050Hz. Any work you do from this point on should be done with this as your base file. If you cut snipets (see Plecter Labs for more info) just export the "new" sounds the same way we did for the entire movie. They can then be renamed as appropriate for the board you're using the the type of sound you have (i.e. poweron.wav).
    9. ENJOY!

That works any idea how to separate the movie sounds from the commentary, it got transfered also?
    May the Force Be With Us.... Always!

You must have picked the wrong track when setting up DVD Decrypter. In this case, my rip looked like this...

http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/...y/6dc5725f.jpg
    http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/...y/a5c2d137.jpg

This is what mine look like. Do I pick 81 or 83 I want the English sound? Why is it different?
    Also is there a program to decode the movies from a bit torrent file?
    Last edited by joshsummey; 09-24-2011 at 05:36 AM.
    May the Force Be With Us.... Always!

Quote Originally Posted by joshsummey View Post
    http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/...y/6dc5725f.jpg
    http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/...y/a5c2d137.jpg

This is what mine look like. Do I pick 81 or 83 I want the English sound? Why is it different?
    Also is there a program to decode the movies from a bit torrent file?
    Pick the stream that has what you want in it. Maybe you have a DVD that is encoded for a different region or something and that is why spanish is the 0x81 stream.

Bittorrent rips will probably be significantly lower quality than a real DVD. Impossible to answer your question as we have no idea how it was re-encoded after it was ripped. You can probably do it with Audacity but you won't have all the options that you have with a real DVD as the unwanted stuff that was taking up space was removed when whoever ripped it did what they did.

Zzan