Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Making custom Boot sounds for your Crystal focus or Petite Crouton

Ahh awesome. I was going to Import Raw Data instead of open.
    Thanks

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Something isn't working right for me. I've used a different process in the past that rips it to a file instead of an IFO and then that gets converted to an AC3 and then on to a WAV (cumbersome) so I figured I'd give this a shot.

Followed the instructions to the letter and I can't import it and it won't open. When I try to import the raw data I get the same thing Skott saw (yes, FFmpeg is installed and I did locate the library properly). I'm in WIN7, any thoughts on what the problem is? Skott, how did you get around it?

I was going file>open which went automatically into ffmpeg.
    The only problem is it didn't split up all the audio layers, it was in stereo.

"You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

So it didn't split up like the tutorial shows? Has anyone tried this all the way through following the original instructions and gotten the same results?

I messed with it again this morning and still nothing. It gives me a warning that the raw data needs to be imported and when I do that, it gives me a long file of static.

it doesn't split up into voice, music, whatever.

It splits into Channels.

If you are following the instructions you will only have 2 channels, left and right.
    If you choose to deviate from the instructions and say do 0x80 instead of 0x81 you will have 6 channels (5.1). Basically this is what comes from each speaker when you are watching the movie, 1 stream per speaker. 1 is center, 1 is right front, 1 is left front, 1 is surround 1, 1 is surround 2, 1 is subwoofer. So if you have a surround sound system and you hear something out of your back left speaker during chapter 29 of the movie that you would like to sample then use 0x80 rip chapter 29 and then import audio. Make sure you uncheck the other streams in stream management.

I also have had no luck using import -> Raw. But File -> Open, or Import -> Audio work fine.

Once it is imported into Audacity hit the mute button on all channels and then unmute one of them and hit play. If you don't hear the sound you want then mute that channel and unmute another until you find it.

For most sounds the 2ch description in the instructions is simpler and much less work/hassle.

Once you have isolated what you want make sure you save it with the proper parameters or your card won't be able to read it. The default of the DVD is likely much higher than what the card needs.

With this being "stickied" has anyone tested the process and gotten the same results??

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Also, just FYI J-Lo...It is Petit Crouton, not Petite Crouton...(yes, yes I know but that is it's name )
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Has anyone followed this tutorial and gotten the same results? If not, does it warrant being "stickied"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    Also, just FYI J-Lo...It is Petit Crouton, not Petite Crouton...(yes, yes I know but that is it's name )

Ok you guys have almost got me convinced. Im thinking of getting a Petit crouton. Ive currently got a Obsidian but am not totally impressed. how much better is the petit crouton?
    So what, I made a cancer stick