Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zayne Carrick

Default Zayne Carrick

Howdy. Here's a Zayne Carrick hilt I just picked up on ebay. I'll be outfitting it with LED and sound. Looks so far to be a rare find...maybe

That's a lot of layers on that saber! Can't wait to see it fully functional.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Neat Design! Liking the Layers.

cant wait to see this lit.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Being a HUGE fan of Zayne Carrick, I am TOTALLY jealous of you right now! I can't wait to see this brought to it's full potential! Are you planning to be correct to the comics? Like a yellow/amber LED and such?

That is a very cool saber. I really the dig the layers and movement!

When you're working on it though, you should aim to reinforce the hilt at some critical points.
    Being a machinedFX hilt, it's very thin and if you're into heavy dueling, then it is absolutely essential.

Nevertheless, I love the design, and I saw it on ebay a couple of times.
    Good luck on your project.

I would of just avoyded it, tatoosby5/mDfx usually dosent send out what hes offering.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    I would of just avoyded it, tatoosby5/mDfx usually dosent send out what hes offering.
    I picked up a Knight of the Empire saber from him in 2007 ( or 8 ), a Darth Revan, and a Trooper saber from Tattosby5.

For the prices he charges, I would recommend his work.

The metal is pretty thin on all the hilts though, but they have great finishes, 1 in ID on all, so kinda tight space to get everything you want in.

Well a little update on this hilt. I have so many projects going right now that I have decided not to keep it. But in about a month or so I will be the proud owner of a mini metal lathe . So you can probably guess what I'm going to try Along with the hundreds of other ideas in my note book. lol
    I will say it again, his work is sound as a pound. I really dig it. Along with all the work I've seen from members here.
    My inspiration for getting that lathe
    Last edited by Noyl Wendor; 08-01-2011 at 09:18 PM.