Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First 2 sabers

THank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroChou View Post
    I assumed the light coming through was from the blade, not LED's, but I wouldn't have guessed brass nipples.
    I know exactly what you're talking about, because I've used very similar pieces to repair leaky vinyl swamp-cooler lines.
    Either way, they look fantastic. I might have to steal that idea down the road, but I'd probably grind down the 1/4" end to reduce the external profile a bit.
    I actually wanted them out like that. I played with sticking one in the Unimat to turn it down but didn't like the results. I spent way too much time wandering the hardware store looking for bits and pieces. My first saber killed msot of my 2 week vacation. The second took only a few days. Now, if I just had access to a slightly larger lath and a mill, I'd be in way too deep.

Dan

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Both very nice modifications to the OB1 saber style! I really like the waythe shrouds have reflected elements.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Thanks. They were fun to make. Now I have to make belts, pouches, etc.... And all in less than a month.

Those are some good looking sabers.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Amazing first efforts, looks like you have been at it for years! Very nice detail work, there is a fine line between too bland and making it look too busy, and yours walks that line with confidence. I like the first one more, but love them both! Hope you have tons of fun at Worldcon.

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Amazing first efforts, looks like you have been at it for years! Very nice detail work, there is a fine line between too bland and making it look too busy, and yours walks that line with confidence. I like the first one more, but love them both! Hope you have tons of fun at Worldcon.
    Thank you. I appreciate all the nice comments.

Dan
    Last edited by dannv; 07-22-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Very professional, very nice. Like others have said, these aren't too plain, nor are they too busy. You should be proud.

Very nice work !!!!
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

Great looking sabers bro, the first one just looks incredible with the shroud and colour combination, especially the copper on the neck. Well done, love to see more from you.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Wow! Amazing work on these... I love both of them! Very nice designs & coloring.