Thread: First 2 sabers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default First 2 sabers

Here are my first 2 sabers. Both are MHS sabers with sink tube and other detail pieces. Both have econo sound boards. These are costume props for WorldCon next month, so I haven't gotten around to making blades for them yet.

Saber 1 has a green P4.

Saber 2 has a white rebel and a piece of purple lighting gel since my wife wanted a purple blade. I'd like to see it brighter, so I am looking for a better solution.

Let me know what you think.

Dan

those are VERY well done! amazing work
    The Dark Side is all I have...

Clean nice looking sabers! Top shelf stuff ma-man!!!!

Fantastic first sabers! Very nicely done.

I love the led housings on the BH. Wonderful.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

Looks like a lot of folks are putting more gold/copper in there saber due to the fact that the chrome buttons are out of stock. lol
    I'm waiting for a lot of stuff to get back into stock, so i can make a great looking saber like these. I had to come back and look again. Again, nice sabers bro well done!

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroChou View Post
    Fantastic first sabers! Very nicely done.

I love the led housings on the BH. Wonderful.
    Actually, those aren't LED holders. They are brass plumbing fittings. They have one end small enough to go into 1/8" id plastic tubing and hte other is for a 1/4" compression fitting. I cut off most of the 1/8" end, drilled and countersunk holes for them on the bh and epoxied them in. The light showing through is actually from the blade LED.

Ripper, thanks. I did use the gold button on mine because the silver was OOS and not available locally to me. I found screws locally to replace those that were OOS and had no problem with the rest. The shrouds are sink tube, one sanded down to brass and then polished. (That was a time consuming project, but worth it.)

Oh, and the copper detail on the first saber is copper tape from teh hardware store. Cuts easy with an exacto knife. Seems to stick pretty well, but if it comes off I have a lot more to replace it with.

Dan