Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: And now this is my first ALL PVC saber, I made for my son. (The Basher)

Red face And now this is my first ALL PVC saber, I made for my son. (The Basher)

I made this saber for my son. He’s 9 and wanted a better saber then the last one I made. The last one was made badly and the emitter got all bent up. So I found some PVC from Ace and it cost me about $2.50 for the PVC and I had the Cyan LED, and a small bag of LED’s. I gave it some black paint and weathered it with some copper paint. And gave it like 60 coats of clear enamel. He loves it and it is strong. Please let me know what you think.

The raw PVC

If you remove the bottom cap, you will find a battery holder I made from a flashlight. It works as a main power switch. The yellow light is on when the power is on, so you don’t leave it on all day.

Last edited by Ripper; 07-18-2011 at 07:44 AM.

the weathering looks really good to me. I like it. (Even if the pics are a bit blury) =)
    Yub Yub Commander.

I think i'm gonna do this with my idea's and see if i can build them out of pvc first..

that weathering is amazing!
    The Dark Side is all I have...

Damn fine paint job, if it weren't for the teeny tiny bit of white visible on the inside diameter, you couldn't tell that it wasn't aged copper. got any more pics about the "flashlight made into a battery holder?"

there is an item called sophisticated finishes made by modern options... http://www.patina.com/metallic-surfacers.html

I use these in the sign work that i do, and they might be perfect for what you are looking to do if you do some others.

I really like that! one of the best PVC hilts I've seen in a while

That is really nice looking! Great job on the LED's and the paint job. I bet your kid loves this!

Great work! I love a good PVC build. You're kid probably flipped for this!

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The paint job is very good, and the LEDs are a nice touch.

Bravo.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...