Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Look what i found (scrap parts at work)

Quote Originally Posted by Natesroom View Post
    I got these today free from a vendor of mine... He says they are Luxeon Rebels, and he said 9v dc max!! How can i power them on for a trial without blowing them?

I guess i could get a DC power supply 9v or below and splice it and attach the wires for a test

I just got some info back on these LED's that i got for free...

Those samples are from the 7W LEDs. They have about a 3.7VDC drop across each LED. The three LEDs are in series, so that is about a 11.1 volt drop total. At 700mA, that makes a 11.1V X .7A = 7.8W source They are 110 Lumens Per LED @ 700mA

Anyone wanna give me an idea of what that means i could do to power them. As per Some previous info i will be taking them off and putting them on a Star PCB Triple.. and then mounting them to a heat sink...

Does that info make sense?

The 3 up star will let you drive them parallel. It depends on what you use to drive them as to what a better setup would be.

What is the difference in driving them in Parallel and driving them in series (ii mean whats the difference between the two in regards to the LEDs)? And what would i use to drive them anyways? I'm guessing i would like to use 2 TrustFire Protected 3.7V 900mAh 14500 as my power with a PC driving my sound... sound good?
    Last edited by Natesroom; 08-11-2011 at 07:18 AM.

You could run 2 rebels off a PC like that in series. But vf would be too high for 3 (12v). PC max input is 11v. 3 in parallel would be 3.4v at 3 something amps, more than a PC can put out. Study series parallel circuits for more detail.

I wsh more people would get on board with this idea of Scrap stuff i found at work...

New Stuff:

I was making some stuff on the CNC and routed these out a scrap area of 3/16" Aluminum... Not sure what i'm gonna do exactly with them but i'm sure i'll figure something out

Last edited by Natesroom; 08-15-2011 at 12:59 PM.