Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your Biggest Saber Accomplishment

Default Your Biggest Saber Accomplishment

As I have been learning more about the hobby, I have found that saber building is really a form of artistic expression. All custom sabers, no matter how simple or complex they are made, are physical representations of a person's creativity. Each one is an accomplishment that the builder should be proud of. So what would you say has been your biggest accomplishment when it has come to building sabers?
    Last edited by Machinimax; 07-17-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Typo

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

I would say that the biggest accomplishment for myself would be those moments of realization, those "eureka!" moments, when you realize that you can make something that you personally think is really cool but that you never thought would have been possible for you to make, before getting into saber building.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

when i wire something up turn it on and it works =)

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wiring is a very rewarding accomplishment.

Also completing our first saber ever could be the biggest accomplishment...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Umm... Nope, nothing yet...

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

I just figured out how my wiring diagram so I felt pretty good about that but my I reckon my great accomplishment will be wiring my saber and turning it on for the first time x3

Finishing my first saber. Even if it was just a conversion, it's still a big deal to me.

I completed my first two sabers, with sound, in about 3 week of work. (Pictures coming once I get some taken.)

Dan

To get a bunch of stuff that was not made to work together connected together for a new purpose and stuffing it into a hilt... Then getting it to work.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

When i built my 300th saber for other people, it felt pretty good.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!