Thread: Custom Bounty Hunter WIP

Default Custom Bounty Hunter WIP

Just getting started on making myself a custom bounty hunter costume for use during Halloween and at conventions and such.

The first stage is going to be working on the helmet. I picked up a cheap motorcycle helmet to use as the base...it is a modular helmet, so the visor can flip up, or you can flip up the entire face of the helmet.

I am planning on covering most of the front, but leaving the ability to flip up the faceplate.

My idea is to cover the front of the helmet with an overlay that is somewhat of a mashup between General Grievous and a Mandalorian helmet.

Here are a couple of pics, first is the base helmet...2nd shows a crude photoshop of the general idea I have for the front overlay.

Helmet 2.jpgHelmet 3.jpg

I haven't determined what material or method I will use for the overlay on the front, but I will post updates as I develop them.

Just thought I would post a couple size reference pics. One of the first things alot of people say when I mention using a motorcycle helmet as a base is 'Isnt that going to be too big?"

This helmet is smaller than one of the Captain Rex helmets, which is the only other helm I have to compare it to. Here are a couple pics.

DSCN1263.jpgDSCN1265.jpgDSCN1264.jpg
    Last edited by Arashi; 07-18-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Revised my initial concept pic a little...made the overlay a little more mandalorian in shape, added some respirator/ventilator type hoses...(pardon my crude paint shop skills)

Helmet 4.jpg