Thread: wiring/resistor check.

Default wiring/resistor check.

this is my first petite crouton (unlocked) and i just want to double check my wiring since this thing is gonna be a bird's nest of wires once it is done,lol, and i'm looking for some advice on resistors for several of the accent LEDs i'll be using.
    the battery pack will be two 18650 3.7 Volt 2800mAh li-ion batteries with a 7.2V pcb. i believe that should be enough to run everything for a moderate amount of time before recharge.
    i found some 5mm UV and blue LEDs over at superbrightleds.com and the forward voltage for both is 3.5 V. 0.2 volts above the supplied 3.3 from the PC-U's two accent LED pads.
    The question is since the forward voltage on the LED's are higher than the supplied voltage should i run them direct, or will i need resistors for the two accent LEDs (#1 & #2 in the diagram)? And if i run them direct with no resistor will the LEDs overdraw the PC-U and heat up?
    i also found a 5mm RGB LED with a common ground. i would like to use the red as a "constant on" and the green to mimic the main green rebel LED ill be using for the blade. the foreward voltage of the main green rebel LED is 3.4 and the forward voltage of the green in the 5mm RGB accent LED is 3.5V. will the green also overdraw from higher voltage if i run it direct or should the accent RGB (green only) be resistored as well (#3 in the diagram). and if so what size resistors should i use for #'s 1,2, and 3 in the diagram.

i've done the math for the red accent in the RGB 5mm LED with a result of 65 ohm resistor.
    so if i use a 82 ohm 1/4w resistor from TCSS (in place of the #4 in the diagram), will the red just be a little dimmer than its ideal brightness or to dim to use?
    Attached Images Attached Images