Thread: Red LED color in pictures.

Default Red LED color in pictures.

I originally wanted to get a red led in my first saber, but after seeing alot of pictures they always looked more orangeish than red, they also dont look as bright or even in most pictures. So that kinda threw me off them. But are they usually really that orange or is it just camera error? If i get a red led it will be a rebel with a 36" blade and celophane inside. So my question is would it be bright and even, and would it be a nice red like in the movies in real life?

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A p4 red is one of the best reds IMO. A LED engine 5w deep red is nice too.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...LED-pics/page3

It's a p4 with a 36inch blade and cellophane in it.

Pic is from a iPhone 4 HD camera enjoy hope this helps, it's red trust me lol I love my red sabers
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Red LEDs do have a tendency to look orange when photographed. Don't let it throw you.

They don't look like that in real life.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Thanks for that replies, they were very helpful. Of course i can always buy a green or a blue led also in case i decide to change it

Also i was just looking into the P4 led's right now, Are they brighter generally than a Rebel? And also would i run it off of a 1000mA buckpuck, or would i be able to get better results with a resistor?
    Last edited by crobemeister; 07-17-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

for the red, personally i would look for a LEDengin 5W deep red - it'll run at 1500mA and is a lot brighter than the overly sensitive P4 reds - i would run them with a 700mA puck if you did use one. the rest of the P4s will run on a 1000mA puck without any issue. A resistored LED varies in brightness a little with battery charge level.

unless you're driving it with a Petit Crouton - in which case you're fine either way since you need neither a resistor nor a puck.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

one of my stunt mhs sabers has my red rebel in it at the moment and its a nice red i have used a 40in thin wall white 1in blade and a 40in thin wall white 3/4in blade. neather have had any wrap inside and the blade still looks nice but i do need to add some

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"