Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Qui Gon Lightsaber by Rhyen Skytracker

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default Qui Gon Lightsaber by Rhyen Skytracker

Here is my Qui Gon Jinn lightsaber prototype v1. I used a new machinist friend of mine to make part of it. We used everything from a wire EDM to a 5 axis CNC mill to a manual lathe and mill on this one. I think it turned out very nicely. I used gloss black powder coating on this one but for the the next ones I will probably try to get it anodized. This has a Petite Crouton in it and to access the sd card you just unscrew the pommel, move the speaker out of the way and the sd card can be accessed. For this one I also had to put the recharge port inside the hilt in the top section. On the next ones I will be using smaller recharge ports and putting them under the PC in the bottom of the saber. This saber took months and months to plan and I hope y'all enjoy it as much as I do.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

I've been watching your progress on this one. The DEEP grooves and custom internal volume are top-notch. I was wondering just how you managed to cut rectangular shapes down the length of the main hilt, cnc or not. EDM?

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It was a wire EDM that cut the rectangular with a circle under it through 8 1/2" of solid aluminum. I had to drill a pilot hole all the way through but once that was done the wire EDM cut through it like it was butter.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

It is by far the best Qui-Gon I have ever seen, (with the exception of Liam Neeson's). Your workmanship is phenomenal!

Sloth better look out, cause you are on the fast track becoming a competitor.

Wow man, you hit this one out of the ball park bro... That's some fine machine work there, been following on fxsabers and it's a pleasure to see the final outcome. Then you say the next ones will be better! There's no stopping this guy!!!
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Master Rhyen this is a true piece of art, you have really done it justice and anyone should be honored to be able to get their hands on it. Top job mate!

Furthest reaches of the Galaxy (Scotland)

One word

Awesome saber Wade

Ok Ok that was three words

Unbelievable. Most excellent work here, Wade.

Apart from that, I am speechless.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

I've been watching this build as well - really nicely done!
    Yub Yub Commander.