Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dark" or "Black" blade

It would work as a 2 dimensional picture on photoshop because you're looking at only one 'side' of the blade. In a 3 dimensional world however, the light covers everything.

This topic has been stated a dead horse but maybe if you make an inner core and cover it with a black 'reflectice' material, that might produce the effect of a black core with a lil white light around it. Not sure how it would look but it's just a thought.

The inner tube or core would be like 3/4 inch the outer tube would be like an inch to allow the led light to shine up and around the core...

To illustrate such a blade it would be cool to have it smoking or steaming like dry ice I think.

I'll give this a try but I don't know if I'm gettin white, but a colored LED may produce similar results anyway

This topic makes me think in one guy in particular. I met him when a was leading a big project at work. He used to work as an advisor for food industries. If you ask him, for example if a notebook can be eaten, he wouldnīt say no. He would say "let me think about it" Then the next day he will give you a document with all the nutrition information of the paper, how can you cook it and what will happen to every part of your body if you eat it...but he never, ever would say "no, it canīt be done"

If you think about the ATM's. They have a screen that can only be seen by certain point of view (like Obi told Luke when he figured out that Vader was his father). so if you have some material like the atm's screens that let pass the light only when it passes by certain angle and you put it around the difuser, you will have your black blade..it's simple.. look at the drawing...

But I cannot comprehend this thing you call "drawing". It is to much for me! But you have to remember that a saber is in the shape of a holo cynlinder and the whole concept will be different because a saber looks that saber no matter how you turn it(unless you turn it to where you can only see the tip). So I don't know how your theory would work out. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I never said it couldn't be done... just that as he stated it wouldn't really work. Blocking the light is a better idea, but it'd make a lighter core rather than a "black" one. There is still the ring of light around.

I know what lius is thinking off. I think that might get the effect, but that film is expensive. It'd only work on a off-center look. If you looked straight at it it should look normal. Better but I think price is much more of a problem there. My brain kind of hurts thinking of it... like I was thinking of one-way film... gah, that wracks the brain.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

With a simple filter film (sun shades, windows,etc) you can get light in the center of the blade (visible angle) and dark in the outside. Look at the other drawing.

I think that you want the opposite (light in the outside and black in the inside) if you could get a film let the light out in the outside and it doesnt in the middle (some sort of negative filter) you could have your black blade.

still doesnt make any sense to me at least.

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

Idk, I'll test all this out probably tho when I get my saber. I'll try everything and post pics in about 2 weeks.