Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dark" or "Black" blade

Thanks for the information on what would and would not work. I cannot actually try the theory on account that the saber I am ordering is not white but maybe I could try it with a different color like the blue or royal blue I'm getting.

i know how to have a black blade and ive tried it before and it works, get an MR, smack it against a metal pole and there you go, a black saber

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

Heh heh, nice one, Countdown!

White is the absence of color, therefore white is brighter.

Black is every color, therefore it takes more light to illuminate.

Theoretically, if you had a bright enough light, you COULD make a solid black blade...however it would look pretty shiesty. Mainly because the light would push through the weakest black areas, which would look like splotches.

Color theory 101 woot...art college blows.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Too bad color theory as it applies to print is totally different from light mixing... because it's totally backwards from what you just said.

White is ALL of the colors Red, Green, and Blue. That's the point of the RGB LED, you can mix ANY color.

Black is the absence of any light. However color mixing in painting is RYB (primaries) based... print is CYMK (cyan, yellow, magenta, with a black supplement).

My architecture prof also had an art degree from Princeton and studied under Albers (of color theory fame).[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Thank you xwing...

That was making my head hurt.

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

umm, xwing and drewbacca, did you read what we were first talking about (not trying to insult you)? We were talking about if we could simply get the white luxeon to illuminate the outside of the rod of black in the core, like lighting up the background but have a huge missing middle. Sorry, it's hard to explain just read the above ones and I'm not trying to be insultive.

sorry to burst your bubble but a black blade would be cool and all but its impossible

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by HiddenMooCow

umm, xwing and drewbacca, did you read what we were first talking about (not trying to insult you)? We were talking about if we could simply get the white luxeon to illuminate the outside of the rod of black in the core, like lighting up the background but have a huge missing middle. Sorry, it's hard to explain just read the above ones and I'm not trying to be insultive.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm not insulted. Like I said before, it won't work. That would cover up the black rod and at BEST you'd see the rod torwards the end of the blade.

It's just like the EL and LED combo Gelu made. He used the ring from a hasbro color changer and put it around an inner EL core of white. It washed out the EL and only showed the LED color, but towards the tip the EL shown through completely.

Firebird, most realize the differences when you give examples.
    Like light RGB, our LEDs
    Paint RYB, the good old primary colors we were taught in school
    Print CYMK, look at your printers cartridges

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>