Thread: Dark-Saber

Lightbulb Dark-Saber

ok, I've been offline here for a while, and I'm back, finally, LOL.

I know there have been multiple arguments about the "DarkSaber" from the clone wars, as well as the black blade crystal from TFU. What i haven't seen is anyone build the hilt (or if there has been any built, I have yet to see them...).

800px-DarksaberRender.jpg

So, I decided to take the design and start mulling it over in my head (a dangerous place for an idea to brew... lmao). After seeing that the oval shaped hilt would be a royal P.I.T.A. to create from MHS parts, not to mention the angled Tsuba style guard, I decided to look out-side the proverbial box.

I stumbled across the idea of using aluminum rectangle tubes and flat bar stock. I then found an online retailer that sells exactly what i figured I'd need for it. Here's my design blueprint (done in paint, so its nothing awesome like what some of you have done) with some basic measurements and the materials needed to build it.

Dark-Saber.jpg

I've calculated the price of the materials, both from TCSS (sink tubes, blade holders, and LED kits) and from the metal retailer i found (body, guard, pommel, and fins). Not counting new blades for the project, I can build 2 Dark-Sabers (with a custom connector to make a staff out of them) for about $156 plus shipping and the time/work it will take me to build them.

Let me know if you have any thoughts or questions... I'm hoping to have the parts ordered and in hand to start the build by mid August, and hopefully will have them finished by the end of September...
    I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, than have you love me for something that I'm not

I think one sabersmith built a darksaber, it had a green blade though.
    IIRC it was Ryhen.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

I'll have to ask him and see how he went about things... the hardest part is going to be the hand guard (maybe). Also i'm thinking about using my Korean cell phone batteries in on of them as an experiment. I have 3 of them, and i figure if I wire them in parallel i should get some solid battery life out of them (all 3 are 3.7V Li-ion rated at 880mAh)
    I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, than have you love me for something that I'm not