Thread: AV Switches

Default AV Switches

so for my stunt saber, I want to add the SPST Momentary blue ring Illuminated switch, however on this hilt it will be mainly cosmetic. While I have ordered my main MHS parts, I have not ordered the switch yet (it's out of stock and I wanted to build the hilt first). One thing though I can't seem to find out is the dimensions of the switch, but in some pictures they look kind of big. How big of a hole would I need to drill? Or should I not bother and just use a thumbscrew since the hole/threading would be much smaller.
    H - "Your shelter is secure, is it?"
    M - "Of course it is! See for yourself just how powerless you are!"
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

The hole required for mounting the AV switches in the hilt is 16mm or 5/8". Why would you say "Or should I not bother and just use a thumbscrew since the hole/threading would be much smaller." Are you panning to use it secure your blade?

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

No, but what worries me is buying the switch and then having trouble getting it on the saber. It's going to go on the bottom end of the shroud over the v-ribbed section (see attached pic). So I'm just wondering how much trouble it would be.

Edit: And what I meant by "using a thumbscrew" is using one of the anodized screws in place of the switch, since it's pretty much just cosmetic anyways.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CGompertz09; 07-06-2011 at 05:41 AM.
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O

I was able to do something similar. I used the ribbed extension with a sink tube on top but the switch is not held in with the nut on the inside. I used a box 9 switch bezel so that it bolts on from the outside. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by pandatrooper View Post
    I was able to do something similar. I used the ribbed extension with a sink tube on top but the switch is not held in with the nut on the inside. I used a box 9 switch bezel so that it bolts on from the outside. Works great.
    I had though about using a box too, but I think it would kind of ruin the sleekness of the hilt.
    H - "Roger that."
    M - O_O