Thread: Q re: US 2.5 with AV switch and accent pads

Default Q re: US 2.5 with AV switch and accent pads

Hi everyone. I tried searching and didn't find what I needed so I am posting this up.

I had a US 2.5 that I bought way back and never installed it. Finally dug it up and put it in my TCSS hilt with a Rebel LED and it works great! I have this SPST switch and have not yet wired in the illuminated switch LED leads

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/SP...itch-P616.aspx

I am using a 4 AA holder with alkalines and a dummy cell.

Can I wire up the illuminated switch the accent LED pads for power? I couldn't find what amount of power is coming out of those.

Or should I wire the switch directly from the battery power wires with a resistor, and if so what resistor?

Thanks in advance!

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

You have many options. Wiring up your SPST to the accent pads will work just fine. In case you don't know L1 matches the main, L2 is just a flasher. However I think if you go from the battery with the right resistor It will be brighter.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I didn't know the resistor chart on the TCSS site had illuminated switches (they're at the bottom of the drop down) and I was able to figure out what resistor was required.

Thanks for the clarity on the accent pads too. I wasn't sure what the output of those pads were.

Your quite welcome

Argh...

OK, I just tried wiring up the SPST blue illuminated switch via the L1 pad on the US 2.5 and the LED did not light up. I figured it's not powerful enough, so I tried to wire it directly from the power leads (where the battery connects to the US 2.5 board) with a 68 ohm 1/4 W resistor on the positive wire, and it still doesn't light up.

I have the switch wired correctly, using the pos / neg from the diagram on the switch webpage.

The switch is brand new from TCSS, and everything else works fine (saber turns on, lights up, I have already adjusted all the settings). Any idea why it doesn't light up?

could just be a bad led in the switch do you have another 3mm/5mm/10mm LED to test on the accent led pads? my money is on a bad LED but just try another LED on the accent pads to rule it out

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Quote Originally Posted by pandatrooper View Post
    I figured it's not powerful enough
    They are power enough to light a standard 5mm led.
    Just in case, the board facing with main pads on top, The accent pads are L1(-) L1(+) L2(-) L2(+)

Quote Originally Posted by thejedilestat View Post
    could just be a bad led in the switch do you have another 3mm/5mm/10mm LED to test on the accent led pads? my money is on a bad LED but just try another LED on the accent pads to rule it out
    GOOD POINT

Yep, check polarity on both the board and switch.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent