Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: White Saber #3

Thanks for the comment's and critiques everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrell View Post
    White is cool, but I'd imagine it would be a pain to keep perfectly clean, and stop it from yellowing with age.
    It's not very hard to keep clean really, glass cleaner on a paper towel is all. As far as yellowing only time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
    I love it. Simple and clean! I love the board set up. I will get to that level soon. I copy paist the pic so I can study it.
    I'll have more pics and a semi how to in my build thread soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight_Zekk View Post
    There are a couple of things I really like about this saber!
    1) the fact that it's a white saber. I really like those.
    2) I love the design of the hilt! It looks like it's got some Luke ROTJ in there, with something that appears to
    resemble the empirial knight sabers I've seen!
    I very much like this saber! keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by stegasp View Post
    That is quite attractive! I agree with Zekk. It reminds me of the hilts of the Imperial Knights. Great work!
    Actually, the inspiration was Ralph Mcquarrie's Storm Trooper saber, with a Jedi twist.
    Quote Originally Posted by LES View Post
    Love it!!

Im actually working on a design allmost similar to this! Keep up the good work!!!!
    Make sure to post it when you're done.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    I don't like the design much, but the chassis is well done
    Well, you can't please everybody!

I am a little disappointed with the paint now. I had a very small nick that seems to be growing. So I may let the kids go to town on this one and try a little bit of weathering.

Not sure where this came from

And the beauty shots.

And Tranquility with it's shelf mate.

It almost has a storm trooper-esque feel to it.

Yeah like the old concept art when all storm troopers were supposed to have sabres Nicely done.

-S.R.

i really like white sabers too, the paint job seems to be fine and the chipping (weathering) will probably make it look even better. The piece under the switch box is nice but I don't like the black grips. If they were silver or actually metal i think they'ed look great.

relatively clean install and decent chassis design. The hilt definitely has a bit of that stormtrooper saber feel to it.
    One question and possible critique - is that electrical tape or heat shrink over the batteries?
    LOCKHEED

hello

will customsaber paint (powder coat) any piece that you want or do they only do specific ones? I am very new to TCSS and would love to purchase some things from them and I was hoping they could powder coat a blade hold holder black for me...do you think this is possible? Any help would be great.

I really love white hilts but we don't see much. I think the colour mix with black and silver gives it its "mac quarrie vintage" look. Love it