Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PC-L and Battery set-up in v-groove extension

Default PC-L and Battery set-up in v-groove extension

Hi guys.

I have been through several threads that touch on this subject, but I couldn't find anything definitive.
    I am designing a hilt for a friend and he wants to use a v-grooved extension for the main body section. He wants a Petit Crouton in there and I am not sure that I will be able to fit the card and a battery pack in there. Has anyone done this?

I was thinking about going with a single 18650 with the card on top or, failing that maybe two 14500s as a stick pack. If I go with the two 14500s I am guessing that I will have one in the extension and maybe have to have the other in the choke section.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I, at one time had my parts set up in this configuration, only opposite (grooved section above, smooth below) It was a four inch smooth section, and I fitted most of essentials into just it, PC, two 14500 batteries, speaker etc. But, with your switch on the smooth section (with, I think, the larger interior space), I would imagine it will be a battle . But..., I have very limited experience with all this. I am sure many other, more skilled, saberists may be able to cram it all in. If you were willing to alter the switch box, say just use small momentary switches through the grooved hilt, and fit everything else above in the empty smooth section? But I know once someone wants a particular look it can be very difficult to see their dream altered.
    Goodluck.

I'm having the same problem with my first build ( http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...t-The-Deep-End!)
    If it won't work the PC-l may have to go in the forward section and the Batteries in the rear. I'll need to take the batteries out for charging - which is causing me problems.
    "I sense great fear in you Skywalker! You have hate, you have anger; but you don't use them."

Council Member
    Jedi Master

A picture paints a thousand words. Here is a PC sitting on top of a 18650 in a v-groove extension.

And here is a PC sitting on top of two 14500's. It's a tighter fit, and you may not have room to properly insulate the board. My suggestion is to go with the 18650.
    Last edited by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie; 07-05-2011 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    A picture paints a thousand words. Here is a PC sitting on top of a 18650 in a v-groove extension.

And here is a PC sitting on top of two 14500's. It's a tighter fit, and you may not have room to properly insulate the board. My suggestion is to go with the 18650.
    Is that a copper v-grooved extension or is it powder coated?

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

That looks to be genuine copper...

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Nope. Stock aluminum part. It just looks coppery because of the way my camera saw the light from my desk lamp. I'll have to remember to adjust the white balance in the future.

Interesting.
    I never would have guessed, because the incorrect white-balance didn't distort the rest of the colors very much at all, with the exception of the white fabric at the top.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

Thanks Obi-Dar, that is exactly what I needed. You are dead right with the pictures being worth more than words in this case. I checked all the measurements that I could, but I don’t have the extension or the soundcard, so it was more like guesstimation.

Thanks for your awesome pics, they have relieved any stress I had about this build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Take note that if you are going with a single 18650, you will only be getting 3.7V and that is not the recommended optimal operating voltage for the PC.