Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: newbie in need of help

Why not just use the PC soundboard?

eventually i will but at this moment that is a little expensive for me with this just being a fun hobby.

i do hope to someday use one once i have more cash and experience

I seem to remember Skott having messed around with a cap and clash sensor for economy FoC. I may be thinking of the wrong member, but I do remember the thread if you want to try searching for it.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by KuroChou View Post
    I seem to remember Skott having messed around with a cap and clash sensor for economy FoC. I may be thinking of the wrong member, but I do remember the thread if you want to try searching for it.
    there's a fair bit more to it than that, but yes that's him.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

I did momentarily neglect to remember necessary timing components.... my bad.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

lol.. hit another snag... the wife didn't want me to mess around with the kid's sabers... so i went out today and bought a vader economy saber and hacked it up to get the board.. that'll show her!... of course now she's mad because i payed for something just to break it..... ugh, women... i guess my hobbies just aren't as important to her as they are to me, oh well.... to keep out of the dog house i have decided to make a simple red seoul p4 economy sabler w/ a av red switch. pretty sure ill go with a 4 AAA batery pack. i'm pretty sure i can figure out the wiring design after reading the economy saber thread for a few days, tho there seem to be quite a few options. i'll draw one up and see what you experts have to say as to whether i have it right b4 i go spend and get yelled at more.

so i guess i am going to make a simple saber now and work my self up to my original ambition of a color-changer... i just have to wait a few weeks for the screaming to die down.

Ha! And all my friends ask me why I never married. I tell them I learned well from their mistakes. They just give me a strange look.
    "So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life." -- Genesis 3:24 Lightsabers are real.

You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme.

I'm glad my wife is just as big of a Star Wars fan as I am.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    I'm glad my wife is just as big of a Star Wars fan as I am.
    I know how you feel. Mine is not only supportive but decided we'd do Jedi costumes for WorldCon this year, so now I'm building sabers.

You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme.

hehe I love that maybe i'll use it when i buy about ten more all at once...that'll show her