Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: newbie in need of help

Default newbie in need of help

hello, new to the saber world i've been watching all the videos I can find and trying to find detailed wiring schematics for a more in depth first attempt ill probably try a 7 color with a sith sound board
    if anyone has any wiring design they can throw my way i would appreciate it

ps: Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

MF

May I suggest a single color with sound for your first. Multi color with sound is a bit complex.

when it comes to doing your first i concurr with Sunrider do single color led ....with using RGB led you need to use POTS to tweak the color that you want to acheive but if you are still inmtrested in trying one of these use the search function under RGB* or RGGB and you should find numerous threads on the subject....good luck with your build

I also agree with Sunrider and Starkiller, simple gets it done. As for wiring schematics (of any sort) on the main page of the forums you can find tons, in tutorials. All posted by people here. Good luck on your first build.

ty all for the advice... I am an electrician so wiring is not difficult for me.. I was just trying to find a predesigned layout before trial and erring to figure it out...I'll check out those areas in the tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyfolor View Post
    ty all for the advice... I am an electrician so wiring is not difficult for me.. I was just trying to find a predesigned layout before trial and erring to figure it out...I'll check out those areas in the tutorials
    Ah, then it is as simple as a multiposition switch, some diodes, and a 10w RGBA LED.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Since the multi-color question came up; would I be able to wire in a relay to automatically switch between red & blue?

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

ok i found Matt Thorn's post and it looks similar to what I am trying to do in respect to the main mom dpdt and the 3 latch dpdt's controling the led.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...298#post119298
    however i'm not sure if it would tie into a rgba led differently.

i even have a CWUL laying around to play with. not sure where to get a corbin driver tho, i checked on the store but havent found it yet. if anyone knows where to get it plz link it.

is his design still an acceptable way to go? as far as has anyone figured out how to fix the auto shut off after a minute if there is no motion?
    i modified the design a little to add a 1 ohm resister on the red (after the latching dpdt to the led) to drop the current and i like the pwm+ on the cwul to the input pwm on the corbin driver modification to give it a flicker.
    Last edited by Mightyfolor; 07-03-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Well wow...i pulled an all-nighter reading forum upon forum and i am having absolutely no luck in finding anything close to an answer pertaining to the auto shut off on the cwul soooooo...i figure i might be better with going out and picking up an economy sound board out of a vader.

that however brings up some new questions. is it posible to feed a rgba off the economy using the amber as a flash?
    i haven't really look too much into this yet but if somebody can point me in the right direction i would apreciate it.
    ty
    Last edited by Mightyfolor; 07-05-2011 at 07:42 AM.

For what it's worth, I found myself in the same boat. I had a vision of what I wanted my saber to look like and how I wanted it to function. I spent hours reading tutorials, reviewing build logs, and watching videos on saber reviews and function demos. At some point, you just have to "take the plunge" and buy all the stuff you think you need and start building. I found there are certain subtleties about how all this stuff works and goes together that you cannot grasp until you actually do it yourself. (notice I didn't say "try" )With careful planning you can minimize catastrophic errors, but concede you may make mistakes that will require making additional orders. For me, it's been sort of a "two steps forward, one step back" process. But learning all the way. It can be frustrating at times, but with my saber nearly complete, its been a fun and rewarding experience.
    Last edited by tachikoma1; 07-04-2011 at 10:37 AM.
    "So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life." -- Genesis 3:24 Lightsabers are real.