Thread: Econo Sound - Disneyland Build Your Own Sabers

Default Econo Sound - Disneyland Build Your Own Sabers

Hello folks! Long time lurker, first time posting. I've searched high and low, and cannot seem to find this info, so I figured I would ask.

I was at Disneyland a few days ago, and poked my head into the Star Trader and was eyeballing the Build Your Own Saber kiosk while pondering gutting one of them for econo sound. Since this is Disneyland, these seem like they would be a readily available source for the boards (I've got a pass, so I can pop in whenever I want, and get a discount to boot), as opposed to having to hunt down the Obi Wan saber from TRU / Target / etc. While fiddling with one of the hilts, I realized that these were different from any other toy hilt I had played with.

On the side, there is a little door with a "Crystal chamber" containing three plastic crystals, blue, green, and red. As you remove the crystals, the sound set the hilt is using, changes and the LEDs that are lit in the emitter end change as well (how many are lit).

From my searching and reading here on the econo boards, none of them seem to be this particular board. Has anyone gutted one of these to use? I don't mind guinea pigging it myself, but learning from the success / failure of others can't hurt either.

Any help / input / links / etc would be most appreciated.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I used this board with my first build.. thread is here-
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...nd-board/page3 (wow, was I noobie or what back then... )

I wouldn't recommend using them cause I used two and both straight up failed. Go to Target, walmart, whatever... and get the new economy board. It sounds better and won't fail in your hilt. (Used over a dozen of these without any problems whatsoever...)
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Thanks for the links. I'll keep that in mind. I'm wondering if the ones at Disneyland are an updated board at all (they use all white LEDs and colored blade tubes).

it is actually the exact same board as the Clone Wars Ultimate lightsaber just very cheaper