Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tron: Legacy crossover

Default Tron: Legacy crossover

I was watching Tron today with my little brother, and it hit me. Kevin Flynn's last costume would make an epic gray jedi. I just took a bunch of screens so I can show you what I mean. The costume is already very heavily Asian, so it fits right it with classic jedi apparel, and the cloak is very much like something you might expect in a club on Coruscant.

kevingflynn8.jpgkevingflynn7.jpgkevingflynn10.jpgkevingflynn12.jpgkevingflynn5.jpg

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

kevinflynn2.jpgkevingflynn4.jpgkevinflynn3.jpgkevingflynn6.jpgkevingflynn9.jpg

I couldn't get past the idea of marching around a con in this outfit, sporting a nice white saber.... do want.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender

Does this help?

http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f2...859d1293938439

Mod edit, image larger than allowed on the forums. Click on link then click on image for full res version.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 07-04-2011 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Image larger than allowed

So that hooded coat he wears, we actually made one of those right after the movie premiered, as a commission.

Used suiting-quality black wool, with a charcoal grey silk lining and 2" white EL strips around the inside of the hem, jacket lapels, hood edge and sleeve cuffs. Runs off a small battery back in a pocket at the small of the back.

As far as I know, it's a semi-daily wear item for the recipient, weather-permitting.
    When your lightsabers gutter and die in your hands,
    your blaster packs run dry of charge,
    your words of power dry up in your throat and I am still standing,
    what will you do then?

That's what I would have used. I'm considering doing a more elaborate "games" style costume, using edge glow instead of EL, to match the brightness of the movie.
    I really liked the understated simplicity of the costume as a whole. If I made it, I might make it all out of a more refined knit. I would keep the "tuxedo" shine with silk or poly, but I would make the rest out of a tight cotton (think bedsheets). The texture of the original wasn't as apparent on-screen as in photoshoots. Either way, it's very jedi, even if the colors aren't exactly traditional.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FYI, pics are only supposed to be 600x800 pix. Make it clicky to see a bigger version...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

cc is correct. Please change the resolution size of your pic, Greevar, or make it clickable.

I see that the pic is a repost from the rpf forums, you'll need to save it to your own photo album and post it as a smaller, or clickable image, or I'm going to change it to just a link so that it's not breaking the size rule.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 07-03-2011 at 10:12 AM.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Not a Flynn look, but this is where I went with my Dec 2010 TRON: Legacy Movie Release Party event..

I had started to build a wooden katana version of the Energy Swords seen in TRON:Legacy, but have not yet finished it as I got distracted by other costume projects.
    Last edited by Darth Abominor; 07-03-2011 at 02:07 PM.

I don't know if anyone remembers the Seele Schneider that was made --with much help from these forums-- a few years back, but I intended to use some of the same techniques at some point to make a couple of energy swords.

Nice Tron costume there Abominor.

Kuro, that sword is really cool. I was actually planning on making a steampunk energy sword using a similar method of construction. Though I will probably go with a lux setup more like most of the lightsabers use.