Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Idea for hilt part. Do you think it will work?

Default Idea for hilt part. Do you think it will work?

Has anyone tried to use an anodized aluminum relay baton like a sink tube?
    It's about the exact same size because of it's required size(no more than 12", no more than 3lbs, no more than a circumference of 5"), it doesn't cost a whole lot for one baton, let alone buy a set of 5 to 8. And they are already in different colors.

The only thing would be to thread/die the ends, which if I try to figure out bit sizes...should work with a helicoil insert and still leave room for eletronics?

Thoughts? I'm still saving up money to get parts for my first saber from TCSS, but I thought I'd ask more experienced masters.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

That is the spirit! Nice find. I think you have added to the mountain of products sabers can be made of. Although, it would depend on the inside diameter, so MHS parts would fit inside.

I used a solar lamp tube witch is about the same size, only the metal is a bit thinner. I could never duel with it. But it made a nice saber.

Quote Originally Posted by Loachri MacTalabh View Post
    That is the spirit! Nice find. I think you have added to the mountain of products sabers can be made of. Although, it would depend on the inside diameter, so MHS parts would fit inside.
    haha Thanks! I check how much the diameter would be if the circumference was 5 inches.....the diameter would be 1 1/2 inches. Isn't that the sink tube size?

Solar lamp tube huh? Cool. Looks like I might go a head a possbily get some batons then.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ks_racegirl727 View Post
    haha Thanks! I check how much the diameter would be if the circumference was 5 inches.....the diameter would be 1 1/2 inches. Isn't that the sink tube size?
    Your welcome. 1 1/2"? That would do it! Looks like I might use them as well.

Have any idea what helicoil size would fit 1 1/2 inches to thread or die the ends so they could screw on to other parts?

And have fun! lol
    I think other than the classic silver/chrome, black, gold, and amber/copper looking, I've seen blues, greens, purples, pinks,oranges reds all kinds of colors.
    I saw a set on amazon/ebay. I probably going to " stock up" for now. lol

That is a great find! It's a lot cheaper than buying shroud material from online metals. I'd be very curious to know the ID for these. If it's compatible with MHS or if it would fit over the sink tubes, I will be buying a set of them very soon.

Hmm, we have a track star in our midst... [Emperor Voice] Excellent... [/Emperor Voice]

That sounds like an excellent replacement for a sink tube shroud material. Also, since it is aluminum and not copper, it will match the MHS parts color-wise...

Now all I have to do is find all my old batons!

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

HA! I have to figure out how on earth I can get the equipment to do what I want with in budget...

But thank you captain_mills. That meant a lot.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Fiber reinforced cut-off wheels, a moto-tool, & some grinding bits. Aluminum cuts & shapes easier than brass or copper. Have fun & ask questions if you haven't found the answer in a Sticky.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion