Thread: First Sink Tubes

Talking First Sink Tubes

Hello everyone! I just posted about my first MHS saber (MKI), so I thought I'd post about a set I converted for my sister and brother-in-law... (Sorry for the long story)

These were the first hilts I ever built, in 2000, before I knew about any kind of saber-building scene. They were literally just hilts; they didn't hold blades, light up or make sound... I made one for two of my sisters, and the one sis gave hers to the husband of my other sis (sorry it's tough to follow)... Anyway, so my sister and her husband each had one. They came for a visit as I was finishing my MKI, and asked me if I could make their sabers have light and sound, too... I promptly said 'no', and then stole the hilts from them on my next visit(with the help of my sis) and converted them for a surprise for his birthday...

Alrighty, after all that, here's the specs:

Lux Rebel Blue / Seoul P4 Green
    Econo Obiwan Soundcards
    6V (4x 1.5V AAA) (with easy access to battery holder at the bottom of the hilt... Sorry, no pics)
    Sink Tubes with MHS blade holders

First two pics are of original 'prop' hilts, the rest are of the converted... And if anyone cares, the black accented one is my sisters, the all silver is my brothers...
    Let me know what you think!

Old 1.jpgOld 2.jpgphoto 1.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 5.JPG
    Last edited by dexios; 06-28-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Always a fan of well made sinktube sabers. Good job!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

nice looking sink tube sabers, prefer the looks of the green one myself.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Nice overlay of the silver one. I digs yo style!!

Those are pretty sweet; good job.

Very nice! I love sink tube & hardware builds!

I'm working on my first sink tube sabers with the TCSS blade holders. I love what you did. Simple, elegant designs. I have a question, what did you due for the all silver saber for parts? Menaing how did you get the slightly smaller tube for the middle section?

Hey guys, thanks for all the positive words!

Mobiboros - Sink tubes at my hardware store come in 1", 1.25" and 1.5"... I believe I used a 1.25" for the main hilt, and 1.5" for the shroud/handle pieces... The 1.25" blade holder goes into the smaller tube, which extends the entire length of the saber, for stability. After that it was lining everything up and drilling/tapping lots of holes, and filling them with the TCSS 1/8" hex screws... (the only other screws I used were the ones that came with the blade holder, to hold that in place) Good luck with your build, and can't wait to see it!

I'll have to check to see about the 1.5 for the shrouding. Thanks!

I'm doing an all chromed one for my hilt. My friend (I'm assisting) is going to to a more organic design for her paired sabers. I'll be posting pics of all the finished pieces after!