Thread: First Sink Tubes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking First Sink Tubes

Hello everyone! I just posted about my first MHS saber (MKI), so I thought I'd post about a set I converted for my sister and brother-in-law... (Sorry for the long story)

These were the first hilts I ever built, in 2000, before I knew about any kind of saber-building scene. They were literally just hilts; they didn't hold blades, light up or make sound... I made one for two of my sisters, and the one sis gave hers to the husband of my other sis (sorry it's tough to follow)... Anyway, so my sister and her husband each had one. They came for a visit as I was finishing my MKI, and asked me if I could make their sabers have light and sound, too... I promptly said 'no', and then stole the hilts from them on my next visit(with the help of my sis) and converted them for a surprise for his birthday...

Alrighty, after all that, here's the specs:

Lux Rebel Blue / Seoul P4 Green
    Econo Obiwan Soundcards
    6V (4x 1.5V AAA) (with easy access to battery holder at the bottom of the hilt... Sorry, no pics)
    Sink Tubes with MHS blade holders

First two pics are of original 'prop' hilts, the rest are of the converted... And if anyone cares, the black accented one is my sisters, the all silver is my brothers...
    Let me know what you think!

Old 1.jpgOld 2.jpgphoto 1.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 5.JPG
    Last edited by dexios; 06-28-2011 at 05:41 PM.