Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jay-gon's Chrome Saber 36

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    I usually try to reply to posts in my topics...shouldn't coma a s a surprise. The pommel is understandable. I actually have four of them on my own sabers, so I guess you could say I like them. Most of mine are all blue as well, and I usually get comments stating things like "Another blue one?" or "another green one?" That and the Red/O has been in my parts drawer for a couple of years and needed to get used.
    I actually thought it was amber at first glace and I got all excited lol. I'd actually like to see more green and amber.
    And I'm very biased toward MHS choke style 3, so it's all good.

As a whole, the saber is great as usual (it's a Jay-Gon saber. Come on.). Just the minor things I don't like, is all. My favourite part has to be the shroud.

Indeed, it's another solid piece by Jay. All his work is very distinctive. I totally agree about the Obi pommel. It's not that I don't like them. I actually love them. The problem is that they're so distinctive, they tend to distract from the rest of the design. The design as a whole should be more uniquely identifiable than any of the individual parts, but because it's so recognizable, the Obi steals the show. It's a fantastic piece of work by Ace, but I usually prefer a more generic pommel, letting other elements like control boxes and shrouds give the majority of the character.

Jay, that looks amazing; your shroud is absolutley awesome. I think the "TPM" pommel works great with this design. I have to addmit, I was a little surprised to read that you used a red/o led, but it looks great. I received my pommel earlier this week. Now I just have to design a hilt to suit it. I just watched your vifeo; that saber sounds amazing, I love that sound font.
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 06-30-2011 at 07:58 AM.

Another gorgeous, jealousy-inducing build, Jay! Great job as usual.

Great looking saber. Everything about this saber is just perfect. Awesome build.

great looking saber Jay ...these sabers that you build are always top notch

Another spectacular saber! I was wondering what you did to hold the speaker in place? i doubt the TCSS holders will fit in the design i'm planning - and you look to have hit on an ideal solution....(although quite what that is I have no idea)!
    "I sense great fear in you Skywalker! You have hate, you have anger; but you don't use them."

It's PVC..probably a coupler that has been modified. I did the same thing a few times myself. You can also sand off the rim on the TCSS speaker holder if you want them to fit elsewhere in the hilt other then the pommel. I've yet to put one in the pommel myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    It's PVC..probably a coupler that has been modified. I did the same thing a few times myself. You can also sand off the rim on the TCSS speaker holder if you want them to fit elsewhere in the hilt other then the pommel. I've yet to put one in the pommel myself.
    Cheers! sounds like i'll stick to what i know best and trim down the holder. i doubt i'll be putting the speaker in the pommel - with the limited space the wires will probably twist around the other componants as its screwed into place. (although now that i think about it there may be a couple of solutions to this.)
    "I sense great fear in you Skywalker! You have hate, you have anger; but you don't use them."

Big fan of your work, jay-gon. I like the idea of the recharge port and removable battery pack, though for future reference I might just go with the recharge port only. I'm also digging the shroud work too. Elegantly designed and polished as expected. You probably don't remember but way back to your CS-35 build you helped me by showing your tutorial on how to cut the sleeve material using the rotary tool. It made all the difference in my first build. Kinda unrelated but I've been meaning to thank you for it. So thanks haha