Thread: Cardcollector proudly presents... "Rak Kazakh" A MHS Custom Saber

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Cardcollector proudly presents... "Rak Kazakh" A MHS Custom Saber

Hellooooooooooo Saber Fans!

It is with great pride and excitement I present the newest saber from the bench; Rak Kazakh!

The Story;
    This saber originally began as a concept for my best friend from highschool. I was going to make it as a Christmas gift, but some other people saw the design, and commissioned me to make it for him. Win-Win! I choose the name Rak Kazakh because he is going into the military, and the literal meaning is "The assurance of God's victory". This saber had a few bumps in the road, as do all builds, but I was able to complete it by the scheduled time.

The Specs;
    This saber has the following specs...
    MHS based hilt
    Custom enamel Paint job, double baked
    Custom cut overlays using MHS sleeve material
    Full Nylon Chassis
    Hasbro Economy board
    3.6V Li-ion Cell
    Premium speaker
    Crystal Pommel
    33" CCS Blade

The Video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-MMcHg5lHE

And... What you all have been waiting for...
    The glams!!!

Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

I know I said this in the other thread but this saber looks pretty good. Love the minimalistic overlays. Never been a big fan of crystal pommels though.. and I'm a bit biased against economy boards. lol

Blog Entries

I appreciate your honest thoughts. I don't like the economy soundboards much either. I so wanted to put a PC in this one... but alas I was not the one to make the decision...

Not a fan of the design, but it looks nice the way you have it set up. Also, as a poor man on a teacher's salary, I appreciate the sabers, like this one, that include the econo boards, so I can see/hear what mine will sound like once finished. Thanks for the post! I learn a lot from the master's like you!

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

Good saber, like the blue metalic parts, only one thing that grinds my gears, and its just a personnel preference so no offence, but I loathe matte black because it remindes of a scratchy chalkboard, wet black on the otherhand = yum.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Blog Entries

I love the contrast with the blue and black...it looks great!!!
    "Do or do not....there is no try" - Yoda

Looks great Cardcollector - I like the shroud work too.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    I appreciate your honest thoughts. I don't like the economy soundboards much either. I so wanted to put a PC in this one... but alas I was not the one to make the decision...
    I am nothing if not honest. lol. I understand that. A PC or Obsidian (sorry but I'm very biased toward it) would make it so much better..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrell View Post
    Good saber, like the blue metalic parts, only one thing that grinds my gears, and its just a personnel preference so no offence, but I loathe matte black because it remindes of a scratchy chalkboard, wet black on the otherhand = yum.
    Heh, That's funny. I painted it flat black because it looked more like a military black as opposed to the gloss. Had it been a show saber, I would have gone with the wet black.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    I am nothing if not honest. lol. I understand that. A PC or Obsidian (sorry but I'm very biased toward it) would make it so much better..
    Yes A PC would have! I will probably never use the obsidian just cause I am a DIY and the PC has a LED driver and much more configurability. The obsidian does have good sound quality though.

Thanks for the compliments guys! They mean a lot.