Thread: MHS and 1.25 sink tube?

Default MHS and 1.25 sink tube?

I was wondering if anyone has attempted to put 1.25 sink tube inside an MHS extension? I have a couple of ideas brewing, the combo of MHS and sink tube is nothing new. But I wanted to try something different with 1.25 blade holders in MHS.
    Any thoughts?

My instant questions and thoughts:

How would you secure it there?
    Unless you're using only Female-to-Female parts, you're going to have ugly threads showing.
    The MHS parts don't taper off cleanly, as they're meant to be threaded together, so you'd have a pretty abrupt lip.

Lastly...why? I'm sure anything you wanted to do with some jury-rigged tube-inside-MHS setup could be accomplished in almost the same fashion much more cleanly using all MHS parts with a couple of custom modified/machined pieces thrown in
    When your lightsabers gutter and die in your hands,
    your blaster packs run dry of charge,
    your words of power dry up in your throat and I am still standing,
    what will you do then?

All good points.
    I would secure the 1.25 BH using sink tube inside the MHS. The 1.25 BH has holes pre-drilled so there's a pattern to follow when drilling out the matching holes in the MHS.
    As for the threads, well there's a pipe cutter (crude, but effective), a hack saw (horrible way to defile MHS. lol ), and of course the ole dremmel. That would take care of any abrupt lips or any threads showing. Leaving a clean edge that would be thicker than the sleeve material. Only a little
    For your last Q. I'm always looking for new and interesting ways to build sabers. A good example may still be hiding in the gallery somewhere, I once built an EL saber using electrical conduit and the tail end of a mag lite.
    I can't argue the point you make about MHS, anything that could be cobbled together can be done looking much better with MHS. I would simply say that there is some fun in building a saber hilt from found parts, weather its at the local hardware store or the local junk yard

I had a brilliant idea! But I'm trying to figure out how skilled someone would need to pull it off.
    I'm looking and getting ideas for my first saber, but my wallet is a little light. I've found a bunch of ideas so I could spend more on the blade and sound electronics.

Has anyone ever tried a relay baton as a hilt or like a sink tube?
    It's light weight aluminum, right size and about the same size as a sink tube, and it actually comes in maybe 8 to 10 different colors I've seen? Black, gold, and silver would be main ones, but a color it could be a nice custom twist. That and one is just between 1-3 dollars.

The main thing, maybe you would know, I'm trying to see if it would be able to thread/die the ends so they connect to other parts.

What do you think Noyl, Null.exe? Am I crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Noyl Wendor View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has attempted to put 1.25 sink tube inside an MHS extension? I have a couple of ideas brewing, the combo of MHS and sink tube is nothing new. But I wanted to try something different with 1.25 blade holders in MHS.
    Any thoughts?
    I actually have a build coming up where i'll be doing this very thing, so you're not the only one to think about doing that with a 1 1/4" tube. This has actually been done before, but the topics are buried in the forums somewhere (most likely in the earlier pages of the General Hilt Building or MHS section), and have been forgotten.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by ks_racegirl727 View Post
    I had a brilliant idea! But I'm trying to figure out how skilled someone would need to pull it off.
    I'm looking and getting ideas for my first saber, but my wallet is a little light. I've found a bunch of ideas so I could spend more on the blade and sound electronics.

Has anyone ever tried a relay baton as a hilt or like a sink tube?
    It's light weight aluminum, right size and about the same size as a sink tube, and it actually comes in maybe 8 to 10 different colors I've seen? Black, gold, and silver would be main ones, but a color it could be a nice custom twist. That and one is just between 1-3 dollars.

The main thing, maybe you would know, I'm trying to see if it would be able to thread/die the ends so they connect to other parts.

What do you think Noyl, Null.exe? Am I crazy?
    Thats actually not a bad idea. In fact I have a couple of batons from when I was in school, I'll check that out. I can tell you they have some weight...some. But I'm not sure if they can be threaded. I have a pal here locally who has a shop. I can always try it