Thread: wiring help please (US v 2.5)

Default wiring help please (US v 2.5)

hey i havent been here for a while and have decided to start a new project but im a little rusty .

heres my lay out

ultrasound v2.5 (that i bought off the css a good while ago)
    2AA battery holder
    premium speaker
    Lux rebel star
    DPDT momentary illuminated switch (or SPST if they are easyer to use)
    rechargable trust fire AA batteries 900mAh 3.7V
    and maybe a few small LED's for decoration

My question is is this layout compatable and am i missing anything ?

many thanks

Darren

P.S if anyone could give me a wiring diogram for the US 2.5 board i would be very greatfull
    Last edited by Darren Morris; 06-26-2011 at 05:47 AM.

I have a bad feeling about this ....

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Well I would forego the battery holder, and make a pack with in-hilt recharging.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/21...-Jack-P37.aspx
    Make sure you get a killkey, you'll need a speaker holder also. As for wiring, the PCB tells you what goes where. As if looking at it with the solder pads on top,

P=power + - L=main LED - + S=sound + - SW=switch - +
    accent LED L1 - + & L2 - +

I had actual photos. But I was cleaning out some old Photobucket files and accidently deleted them, as you can tell from some of my posts on the same subject.

Hope it helped.

hey Loachri MacTalabh thanks for the reply yea i was kinda thinking about putting a recharge port in to save the hastle. Do you know if the main led is compatible with the board and if so what setting would it go under ?

Lux III mode, for 1000 mA. Rebels take around 700 mA as an average, but depending of the color they can take up to 1500 mA.

And if I we're you, I'd use just 1x 3.7v just to be safe. Ultrasound heats up very quickly with 7.2v.

thanks for the advise Rafalema im getting a royal blue n green so itle be ok on lux3 n ill have to get a dummy cell for the battery

Sorry for all the questions but ive done some looking around and if i can run my set up with one lithium 3.7 V battery .That means im going to need to put a dummy AA in the 2AA battery pack to fill the space but ive herd that you cant recharge the battery pack with a dummy in it. So what i was wondering is if i put 2 lithium 3.7V batteries in the battery pack will it still be ok or would the voltage be to high ?

dont use the 2AA holder. Wire the lithiums in parallel.

i used the 2AA speaker combo for my US 2.5 but i cut it up so only one side of the holder is used with a 3.7V Li-ion. its easy to do and didnt take much time at all my plan was to put the pcb in the empty side but the pcb is never in stock (i can understand why) so i just have to wait but it wtill works great

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Use a single protected cell, 18650 would be nominal depending on hilt space.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

thanks for the info is it possible if some one could show me how to put them in parallel e.g your desgines ? ild be very greatfull