Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Australian first time buyer. Need a bit of help. please?

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Furry_Oaf View Post
    You need this.
    Hilt style 3 with guarded style switch hole
    MHS ribbed extension v-grooved
    MPS Pommel style 3 v2
    Screw on LED blade holder style 4
    (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CLICKED TO INCLUDE THE HEATSINK)
    8-32 x 1/2" thumb screw
    DRILL & TAP SERVICE FOR RETENTION / THUMB SCREW
    MPS Insert style 6
    MPS Clip
    Seoul P4 (Green)
    Collimator Lens 8.7° viewing angle
    BuckPuck 1000mA 4-wire
    Seoul P4 Lens Holder
    (THERE IS NO NEED FOR THE KIT – GET IT ALL INDIVIDUALLY)
    LED "Corbin style" Show blade 1" OD (36 inches)
    ** Quad Wrap
    ** Standard
    SPST Momentary Guarded switch with silver button
    OR
    DPDT Latching green illuminated switch WITH Bezel for illuminated switches
    THESE DEPEND ON YOUR SOUND BOARD PREFERENCE – read up on it to find out which one you need / can afford
    Black machined button for Covertec clip

8-32 x 1/4" socket head
    DRILL & TAP SERVICE FOR SOCKET HEAD
    MHS speaker and battery holder

Main Body Powder Coating (SH23)

Color: Psycho Lime

Blade Holder Powder Coating (BH41)

Color: Black Chrome
    Does this look better?

Hilt style 3 with guarded style switch hole

MHS ribbed extension v-grooved

MPS Pommel style 3 v2

Screw on LED blade holder style 4 (Heatsink was included)

8-32 x 1/2" thumb screw

MPS Insert style 6

DPDT Latching green illuminated switch

Bezel for illuminated switches

Red momentary switch

MPS Clip

Black machined button for Covertec clip

MHS speaker and battery holder

8-32 x 1/4" socket head

1-3/16" ID Black O-ring (10)

Petit Crouton Sound Module
    -Light Meat

Seoul P4 (Green)

Luxeon Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle

BuckPuck 1000mA 4-wire

Seoul P4 Lens Holder

LED "TCSS style" Battle blade 1" OD (36 inches) (I decided to change it to a battle blade since I will be fighting my brother.)

and I have my powder coats but I don't need to go into them.

I can use a drill and tap at my father's workplace.

Big_Furry_Oaf is there anything else I have missed? Did I need a MHS to 1.5" sink tube adapter, MHS to 1.25" sink tube adapter or none at all?
    Last edited by GunbladeZero; 06-26-2011 at 02:49 AM.

I have decided to use the drill and tap services since I'll probably stuff up.

1. Where do my Drill and tap holes need to be?

2. Will I need additional wire?

3. Will I need a certain type of battery or will Energizer Industrial AA 1.5v work just fine?

4. I will be getting a convertec clip for my belt when it comes into stock.

I'm really sorry if I'm confusing. but I am learning quickly thanks to you all ^^

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

First of all, if you're getting a Petit Crouton board, you don't need a buck puck, the PC has an LED driver on board.

For the Illuminated switch, you'll need to get this service, since it won't fit in the guarded switch hole:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ma...hole-P557.aspx

You'll also need a hole for your momentary switch. A lot of people put them in line with the main switch. Decide where you want it and ask Tim if he can do that hole too.

1. Blade retention screws work best at the top half of the blade holder for best retention of the blade. It works by pressing the blade against the opposite side of the blade holder socket. Obviously, your hole will need to go between the slots. If you want it to line up with the switch, you can ask Tim to screw the blade holder onto whatever piece it's going onto and line up the screw hole on whatever side you want it to be.

Decide where you want your Covertec (no "n"
    ) button. Usually people put that near the pommel end. Do you want it opposite the switch? 90 degrees on one side or the other? That's up to you. Figure out where you want it to go, then ask Tim to put it there.

2. Yes, you'll need additional wire to solder everything onto the Petit Crouton.
    The wire isn't expensive, I'd get 2 or 2 feet of each color so it's easier to keep track of everything you're wiring.

3. 7.4V is the "sweet spot" for running PCs, but it will run on 4 1.5V batteries for 6V. Most people use 2 3.7V Lio-ion batteries wired into a pack.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 06-27-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

So I won't need the Buck pack anymore? I never knew the sound module worked that way, oh well. I guess it's always like that when you have just started out.

You mean the 26 gauge wire right? So I should get 2 feet of each colour?

I contacted them through the 'contact us' asking about the holes for the switches.

Quote Originally Posted by GunbladeZero View Post
    So I won't need the Buck pack anymore? I never knew the sound module worked that way, oh well. I guess it's always like that when you have just started out.

You mean the 26 gauge wire right? So I should get 2 feet of each colour?

I contacted them through the 'contact us' asking about the holes for the switches.
    26 ga. wire will be just fine, it's what I use in all of my builds. I'd also get 2 feet of each color, that way you can color coordinate your wiring to make it easier to hook up.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks for clearing that up with me.

I'm curious. Why do I have two switches for? I know the illuminated switch is for blade but why do I need the Momentary switch? shouldn't I only need one switch?
    Last edited by GunbladeZero; 06-28-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If you're buying a Petit Crouton, you need the second switch for the blaster blocking and lock up effects.

It would be a good idea to read the PC manual several times before you get your board (and then again after you get it). The link to the manual can be found on the Store page for the PC.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I was just reading it over then. I think I have everything I need now. I'll post in the parts list forum to check for any missing parts before I buy. I have till next tuesday to sort everything out since that's be my pay day.

I also need to wait for Tim to get back to me on the secondary hole. (wasn't sure which service I need to click for it.)

I hope you check my list before I buy it all. You have been a HUGE help and I'm so grateful for that. You have made my wish of a custom saber come true <3