Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Australian first time buyer. Need a bit of help. please?

Default Australian first time buyer. Need a bit of help. please?

As I said, I am from Australia and I want to only make one order, I don't want to receive my custom blade only to find that I'm missing parts. I'm not sure if I have a sound board, motion sensor or clash sensor. I know it's kinda stupid to be getting everything on my first buy but as I said; I don't want to order my saber only to to come back and buy parts that I've missed. Here is what I have in my cart right now:

Hilt style 3 with guarded style switch hole

MHS ribbed extension v-grooved

MPS Pommel style 3 v2

Screw on LED blade holder style 4

SPST Momentary switch with red button

8-32 x 1/2" thumb screw

MPS Insert style 6

Build Your Own Seoul P4 Electronics Kit:
    4AA Battery holder
    Seoul P4 (Green)
    Collimator Lens 10° viewing angle
    BuckPuck 1000mA 4-wire
    Push on/push off switch with red button
    Seoul P4 Lens Holder

LED "Corbin style" Show blade 1" OD (36 inches)
    ** Quad Wrap
    ** Standard

Could you also tell me if I've done anything wrong or if I need to remove anything? All your help gets me closer to my dream saber. If I do need a part, please send so I can add it to my saber. Thank you very much if you reply.
    Last edited by GunbladeZero; 06-25-2011 at 05:20 AM.

the switches that you have require the standard swith hole not the guarded switch they are meant for these switches

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/SP...tton-P254.aspx

also I would go with the 8.7 lens

also I personally would go with a AV style switch because it will make the saber look better like this one here

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/DP...itch-P429.aspx

also if you go AV style you will need the bezel because the switches are long and need this so it can fit in the hilt

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Be...ches-P448.aspx

and I am thinking that you going to use a soundbard that requires a mom switch so you can use a AV style or use the small mom switches here

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Bl...itch-P558.aspx

besides what I mentioned it looks good

You need to make sure you get the guarded momentary switch to fit the hole. FYI you'll also be paying for 2 switches (one with the P4 kit and one seperately). You might consider skipping the kit and ordering the pieces individually.
    And make sure you want the momentary switch at all. If you use that one without a sound board, you have to hold the button in to keep the light on.
    And you may consider a covertec clip, wheel, bolt, wrench and request a drill & tap hole for it.
    You'll also need to add the drill & tap service for your blade retention screw.
    Don't forget to make sure the heatsink is included.
    If you plan to have sound you may want to consider a speaker and speaker holder.
    And a MPS Clip to secure your pommel inserrt. If you get these, you need to get special pliers from a hardware store. You can also use hot glue instead if you have a hot glue gun at home.
    I also reccomend you look at trim rings and powder coating to spice up your saber. And if you plan to add a shroud, you can add a sink tube or sleeve material and get it all at once.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Big_Furry_Oaf beat me to it. I was going to say the MPS clip. You'll be surprised at how many people forget it. You don't necessarily need the snap ring pliers, but they make the job soooooo much easier. Here is what you will look for if you want to use them.

Have fun with your build, looking forward to seeing it finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Furry_Oaf View Post
    You need to make sure you get the guarded momentary switch to fit the hole. FYI you'll also be paying for 2 switches (one with the P4 kit and one seperately). You might consider skipping the kit and ordering the pieces individually.
    And make sure you want the momentary switch at all. If you use that one without a sound board, you have to hold the button in to keep the light on.
    And you may consider a covertec clip, wheel, bolt, wrench and request a drill & tap hole for it.
    You'll also need to add the drill & tap service for your blade retention screw.
    Don't forget to make sure the heatsink is included.
    If you plan to have sound you may want to consider a speaker and speaker holder.
    And a MPS Clip to secure your pommel inserrt. If you get these, you need to get special pliers from a hardware store. You can also use hot glue instead if you have a hot glue gun at home.
    I also reccomend you look at trim rings and powder coating to spice up your saber. And if you plan to add a shroud, you can add a sink tube or sleeve material and get it all at once.
    I don't actually need the tools since I can get most of my tools and heatshrink through my fathers workplace. He works in telecommunications and the local electrician is a buddy to my old man.

Default How about now everyone?

I have made the adjustments. does this seem better?

MPS Pommel style 3 v2

SPST Momentary switch with red button

8-32 x 1/2" thumb screw

MPS Insert style 6

Build Your Own Seoul P4 Electronics Kit:
    4AA Battery holder
    Seoul P4 (Green)
    Collimator Lens 10° viewing angle
    BuckPuck 1000mA 4-wire
    Push on/push off switch with red button
    Seoul P4 Lens Holder

** Quad Wrap
    ** Standard

This is what I have added

Main Body Powder Coating (SH23)

Color: Psycho Lime

Blade Holder Powder Coating (BH41)

Color: Black Chrome

Depending on the final price. I may add powder coats to the other parts.

SPST Momentary Guarded switch with silver button

DPDT Latching green illuminated switch

Bezel for illuminated switches

Red momentary switch I was recommended black but they were out ><

MPS Clip I didn't know have many I needed so I grabbed three.

Black machined button for Covertec clip

MHS speaker and battery holder

Will I need to add another part to my saber to fit the speaker?

I think you'll only really need one switch and one MPS clip. Depending on what soundboard you're using will depend on what switch you need.
    The speaker and battery holder combo is fine. It can lock between the main body and the pommel. If you get this you'll have a duplicate battery holder because you still have the P4 kit listed. Also the one with the speaker is 4 AAA, not AA.
    You need to add a bolt for the covertec and the drill & tap services. And maybe a covertec clip to hold your saber to your belt.

The Convertec clip is currently out of stock.

Would you recommend a soundboard? I'm looking for a jedi version if that makes any sense. Is this the sound board I should be getting, the Petit Crouton Sound Module? set as light meat? would I also need to purchase Clash Sensor and Swing Sensor?

And by only one switch, Did you mean I should get rid of the Red momentary switch, DPDT Latching green illuminated switch or the SPST Momentary Guarded switch with silver button?

and by add a bolt, do you mean using a 8-32 x 1/4" socket head or did you mean something else? Sorry if I'm confusing you.
    Last edited by GunbladeZero; 06-25-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GunbladeZero View Post
    The Convertec clip is currently out of stock.

Would you recommend a soundboard? I'm looking for a jedi version if that makes any sense. Is this the sound board I should be getting, the Petit Crouton Sound Module? set as light meat? would I also need to purchase Clash Sensor and Swing Sensor?

And by only one switch, Did you mean I should get rid of the Red momentary switch, DPDT Latching green illuminated switch or the SPST Momentary Guarded switch with silver button?

and by add a bolt, do you mean using a 8-32 x 1/4" socket head or did you mean something else? Sorry if I'm confusing you.
    No need for additional sensors with the PC-L, it already has them.

Get rid of the Guarded Switch, the Green Illuminated will look so much better.

And yes, that's the correct bolt, you'll still need to drill and tap your hole for it, or you can get Tim to do it for a small fee
    When your lightsabers gutter and die in your hands,
    your blaster packs run dry of charge,
    your words of power dry up in your throat and I am still standing,
    what will you do then?

You need this.
    MPS Pommel style 3 v2
    (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CLICKED TO INCLUDE THE HEATSINK)
    8-32 x 1/2" thumb screw
    DRILL & TAP SERVICE FOR RETENTION / THUMB SCREW
    MPS Insert style 6
    MPS Clip
    Seoul P4 (Green)
    Collimator Lens 8.7° viewing angle
    BuckPuck 1000mA 4-wire
    Seoul P4 Lens Holder
    (THERE IS NO NEED FOR THE KIT – GET IT ALL INDIVIDUALLY)
    ** Quad Wrap
    ** Standard
    SPST Momentary Guarded switch with silver button
    OR
    DPDT Latching green illuminated switch WITH Bezel for illuminated switches
    THESE DEPEND ON YOUR SOUND BOARD PREFERENCE – read up on it to find out which one you need / can afford
    Black machined button for Covertec clip

8-32 x 1/4" socket head
    DRILL & TAP SERVICE FOR SOCKET HEAD
    MHS speaker and battery holder

Main Body Powder Coating (SH23)

Color: Psycho Lime

Blade Holder Powder Coating (BH41)

Color: Black Chrome