Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wiring the switches to the PC-L

Default Wiring the switches to the PC-L

Ok, after reading the Petit Crouton manual I want to double check that I understand the wiring for the switches:

One end of the on/off switch goes to the ignition port. One end of the aux. switch goes to one of the aux. ports. The two remaining ends of both switches are then connected together which then lead off to the second aux. port.

Did I get it? Lol. Thanks a lot guys!

Activation switch pad to main switch, aux pad to aux switch, ground to both switches. Yeah, you got it!
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    Activation switch pad to main switch, aux pad to aux switch, ground to both switches. Yeah, you got it!
    Ohhhh the third port is GND and that's the one they both go to. Gotcha. Thanks!

corret.. each switch has its 'main' pad.. and they BOTH share the same GND (ground) pad..

Apologies for the necropost, but this thread directly addresses the issue I'm now having.

The manual shows a picture which looks very different from that. According to what I see, it looks like they want you to link the second contact of the ignition switch to the second contact of the Aux switch, then the second contact of the Aux switch to the common ground. Can we get photographic confirmation of which setup is correct?

post visuals of what your talking about.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It is easier to connect the grounds together on one of the switches than to solder 2 wires to the very small gnd pad on the board. That is why he shows it that way.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

IMG_2641 by Elim Vos, on Flickr

have a quick question,
    Can you use two momentary buttons (style 20 or 21) as primary and Aux?

I'm hoping it will be as easy as using the same wiring.....(see last post)

seams like it would work.....

Yes. The aux switch MUST be momentary, but the primary can be either latching or momentary. You will have to change a setting in the config file for the primary switch type.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!