Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kaiozero's MKVII saber 1st PC-L build

Default Kaiozero's MKVII saber 1st PC-L build

G'day guys and gals,

This is my very first saber post, however it isn't my first MHS based saber (4th all up). The reason im posting this first is because im kind of proud I was able to put it together with only the knowledge of watching and listening to all your works and no physical help. And it wasn't easy at times to get it done. I have to say thankyou very much to everyone who has posted a saber build, tutorial or quick advice in my time browsing the forums, it was because of your Jedi/Sith advice that this was able to be completed. And most of all thankyou Tim for providing the most awesome saber services in the galaxy!

OK! Onto the saber itself. I've named it the MKVII (mark 7) and it's design is a tribute to Luke Skywalker's. I'd like to imagine it as a refined and more mature future version of the one he put together on tattooine in Ben Kenobi's shack with spare parts.

Made up of the following MHS parts:

The 4 inch extension with custom machined grooves, control box and covertec is the centerpiece of this saber.

Features:
    • PC-L with Lightmeat soundfont, very appropriate considering its orgins, held in the ribbed extension by MHS chassis system. I used some of that white foam found in Force FX blades as padding.
    • 2x Li-Ion battery solution for 7.4volts, they are removeable via the pommel and not set up with a PCB for idealy reacharging in hilt.
    • Green ring AV switch, Small momentary switch and recharge port housed in TCSS control box.
    • Green P4 primary LED illuminating TCSS show blade.
    • The pommel has an inactive recharge port as a place to store the kill key when it's not being used to actually kill the power. (rather than put in my pocket and lose it in battle)
    • Matte black powdercoating.

Some wiring pics:

One thing im dissapointed in is in my concentration on putting it together I rarely stopped for photo opportunities and I wish I had a more complete build log to show off... ah well next time

And some finished product pics:

This was a challenging and fulfulling build, the hardest parts were using some cram-fu to get the control box, speaker and batteries to fit in the 4 inch extension peacefully together, and the precise soldering on the PC-L required.

Video incoming very soon.

Thankyou for viewing.

MTFBWY.

Very nice....Nice and clean. Thumbs up! my favorite part is the nice grooves around the activation box. It just adds that something special.

Nice..
    Yub Yub Commander.

A tribute that is worthy of the Skywalker lineage! Congrats on a very nicely put together saber. I hope you get to really enjoy the fruits of your labour, because from the looks of it, you deserve it!

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This looks clean, well planned, and nicely displayed.

Kudos to you sir.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Yes, very nice saber and I dig the custom machined grooves, they look awesome. Definitely a "less is more" concept completed to near perfection (nothing's perfect!). Very nice, well done.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Very nice build. I love the duotone coloring on the hilt. Fantastic work!

I agree with mps, the grooves around the activation box are awesome.

My only complaint is the blade holder: I'd have the two rings on it powder coated black too but I'm ocd and need symmetry. Otherwise, this one is awesome.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Nice take on the Luke look! I would've gone for the Emitter center being black with the dual silver rings too, but that's just preference. Looking forward to your next build.... ; }
    Last edited by Boj-Vaati Mau; 06-25-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

2 thumbs up, very nice saber
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.