Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The lost lightsaber of the hidden forest

Default The lost lightsaber of the hidden forest

Here is my second true two handed dueling sabers. The wood on this saber is 3/16 thick cherry, which has been stained with three coats. The rest of the saber has either been painted or clear coated. It is powered by two 9V batteries. One for the 6 Green LED Indicators, the other powers the MR Yoda board and white P4 with color disks. Let me know if you have any questions and let me know what you think. Thanks to everyone and this site.

2011_0625Image0005.jpg2011_0625Image0003.jpg2011_0625Image0004.jpg2011_0625Image0001.jpg2011_0625Image0002.jpg

I like the mixture of wood and metal elements. But you might want to smooth out the edges on the wood grips. Otherwise, it's a cool concept!
    Darth Flatulous

I like what am seeing
    The Dark Side Feels Good.
    I Love The Power.
    You Cant Stop Me.
    I Will Kill You...

Looks like a wookie Jedi saber. Very nice.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Blog Entries

I like it!!!
    "Do or do not....there is no try" - Yoda

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You're powering this saber with 9V batteries? Why? Is space an issue? 9v batteries are not usually used because they have crappy run times, among other issues.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I didn't even notice that the first time I read the post... Shows I need to pay better attention.
    9v batteries have a terrible lifespan because the high voltage is achieved by housing six much smaller cells in series, each with significantly less life than a AAA.
    The excess available voltage doesn't translate into a longer lifespan, because the current draw is the same. All it achieves is excess heat in the limiting components.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man how to build a lightsaber and he will forever feast on tauntaun carcasses and aqualish arms. TimeRender
    Jesus pogostick what kind of Rodian clusterbomb is this? DD
    TCSS: It's all my favorite people I've never met, all in one place

I love it. it really does look like something a wookie Jedi would carry. Were there any wookie Jedi?

@The Griffin - Nice work! This is a beautiful saber. Way to go!

@Papa_Fozzy - Yes. There are Wookie Jedi. Lowbacca is a Jedi & he's also Chewbacca's nephew.