Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Coupon Codes??

Question Coupon Codes??

Is there any discount codes for TCSS? Most of there stuff is high in price so I was wondering if they had any coupon codes. Or do they ever have sales?

There's an annual sale on May 4 that has a coupon code for 10% off. I don't know of any others. I'm sure you'll find that the prices are worth it, and in most cases cheaper than elsewhere on the net. This isn't a particularly cheap hobby.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    There's an annual sale on May 4 that has a coupon code for 10% off. I don't know of any others. I'm sure you'll find that the prices are worth it, and in most cases cheaper than elsewhere on the net. This isn't a particularly cheap hobby.
    Your right it;s not. But the love of sabers makes it worth it is right! I plane to make my 1st all TCSS saber soon. Just Tcss parts. I love the way they look. I use a lot of PVC and stuff around the house. So over time I will make a nice saber. Thanks for the info!!

Just like SS stated, there aren't much in the way of coupon codes, but if you are lucky these might work:

FORCE - 25% off entire purchase
    JEDI - 10% off green and blue LED's
    SITH - 10% off red LED's

If they dont work, then you might be doing it wrong
    Last edited by MedicineMan; 06-24-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I wonder how many people have tried this so far... not nice!!
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

That means they actually work or they don't? I thought it was a joke by medicineman.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It was a joke.

I believe Tim's saying that is wasn't a nice thing to do to his customers.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah guys, Tcss has great prices for the quality and work he does. The customer service can't be beat either.

Seriously, Tim is so generous in having an annual sale, hosting a contest with prizes....

This is a hobby, and it is expensive. Not because of Tcss, but because the parts we use are high quality and top notch. We should be thanking Tcss for providing a one stop shop to make our costs cheaper. Not asking how we can get a discount for a hobby...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Just to put some perspective on this 'expensive hobby'. I know, myself included, not everyone has money to burn, but when compared to say automotive, amateur radio, model flying, bonsai, playing an instrument, even knitting (priced wool lately?) this is an extremely reasonable hobby expense wise. Sure, like all things, you can take it as far as you want, but you can get a decent , lit saber for under $100 from Tims' shop. That is an engineered, electronic, high-end quality(IMHO) product that is based in popular culture, we are not talking underground hobby. Some people (as experienced by some CF prices) could really exploit a fans enthusiasm here. And I DO know many younger people do not have access to even $100, but look at what things cost for kids! A light saber is well within the reach of anyone whose Christmas list might include that or a video console as an option. In fact they could have a PC-U as well for that price range. So, sorry, but when I hear people digging in a blunt knife about cost of sound cards, or , can you mail me this for $1.00, well, frankly, I lose a little lunch. I am willing now to sit back and have strips torn off me for a side of the argument I have not seen clearly. My apologies if I have offended anyone.

I gotta agree with brett and cardcollector. A few machinists i know tell me that Tim's work is top notch and have told me that they could not make the same part for the same price as Tim is selling them, aluminum is just too expensive out here in Australia. The size of the block of aluminum that you would have to start with in order to make some of these parts (blade holders and pommels like style 3 v2) would surprise some people.
    Sure, this is not the cheapest hobby, but all hobbies eat your hard earneds. I can tell you that you will not get a sword of the same quality as a TCSS saber for any less than 300-400 bucks. On top of that, Tim is a great guy and has great customer service. He must get loads of emails everyday requesting this and that, but he always gets back to you with an answer and will help you out whenever he can.

Support the guys that make our hobby possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]