Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Coupon Codes??

Try digital photography or car parts.

Then come back to TCSS.

You'll suddenly feel you aren't spending much on TCSS parts
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

or Dollfies... both of mine were over $700 each just in base materials and that's on the cheaper end of the scale... good thing i can do the makeup and stuff myself. ^_^

but yeah, for the prices Tim charges for things, you really can't get better bang for your buck. especially considering how awesome his parts are. ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    or Dollfies... both of mine were over $700 each just in base materials and that's on the cheaper end of the scale... good thing i can do the makeup and stuff myself. ^_^

but yeah, for the prices Tim charges for things, you really can't get better bang for your buck. especially considering how awesome his parts are. ^_^
    Yupp yupp!

I'm looking at a list of material i need for my next 2-3 model kits... ouch.

And unlike saber parts... that stuff is gone after awhile...
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    Try digital photography or car parts.

Then come back to TCSS.

You'll suddenly feel you aren't spending much on TCSS parts
    Qft! I am restoring a car rifts now and have put over $3000 into it so far... I am not even done yet. Restore a car and then build a lightsaber... It doesn't feel like that much then...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

And it's not like the money isn't well spent. At least ours are custom made and have impervious quality parts, electronics and sound. We all coulda resorted to buy from ebay.. or Ultra Sabers..... or Saber Forge (shudder).

Bottom line is Tim makes a living this way. Someone had the juevos to set everything else aside and go out on a limb to manufacture one-off parts for an extremely niche market. The end result being the SW fanbase now has a reliable way to make fantastic looking props and pieces of art. He doesn't stop there either. He spends his own time and money finding the best and cheapest suppliers and buys the materials bulk, so we can all get them cheaper.

Try digital photography...
    I'm a budget photographer, and my camera body alone (I dare you to find a 14MP DSLR cheaper) would run you $300-400, and depending on the quality I'm willing to spend for, each lens can run me anywhere from $50-2000.
    My flashes, tripods, cases, spare batteries, memory, reflectors, lights, remotes.... $$$. We haven't even started to cover printing costs.

If you take your time, shop carefully, and work hard, sabersmithy is one of the cheapest and most rewarding hobbies anywhere (and has a much better chance of turning a profit on reselling the finished product).

Try ... car parts.
    Road Race 1984 RX-7 (the cheapest model of RX-7 to race)
    • Road Race Tires: $150/ea x4 + Installation = $700
    • Race-quality Brake Pads: $90 front + $80 rear + Installation = $245
    • Roll Cage: $500 + Installation = $600
    • Racing Harnesses: $50/ea x2 + Installation = $150
    • Helmet: $150
    • 105 Octane Race Fuel: $17/gal x10 gallon = $170
    • Race Day Entry Fee: $100-700

And that's just the basics required to run a stock car in an entry-level race event.

My current price tag comes in at about $750 each time I take the RX-7 in for an upgrade/maintenance/repair visit in addition to the above costs

So yeah, you'll never hear me complaining about $200-300 worth of quality machined parts...it's well worth it in my books.
    When your lightsabers gutter and die in your hands,
    your blaster packs run dry of charge,
    your words of power dry up in your throat and I am still standing,
    what will you do then?

OMG!!!! You guys are like my wife!! I said it was KIND of high. Witch is true, or you all wouldn't be wining so bad. But AS IT HAS BEEN SAID. Tim is the cheapest and has the most stuff to choose from. I just wanted to know if there was a code is all. I love this place more then the otheres. or other two. Park Sabers are way out of there mind. They are Super high and US is asking 30 bucks for a LED heat sink lens combo thingy. So this is the place to be. I just wanted to TCSS parts and not so many PVC or RS parts. But My wish list is made. I am waiting for parts one at a time if need be. Just like you I AM HOOKED!! I'm hooked bad! I evens smoke e-cigs less cause I got to get up from my desk to do that. lol

I havent ordered a whole lot from TIM... but I'm new to saber building...

Ive been in an automitive hobby living the weekend car building lifestyle all my life. I know from that experience you get what you pay for! All I'm saying is what I have ordered from Tim is DANG GOOD QUALITY I know the price of aluminum tubing, and I know what Machining cost. So I can honestly say the price is well worth what he's asking, after all it's a labor of love. To save on shipping I save my money a little at a time till I have the money to buy everything I need the first time.

To tell you exactly how I feel about TCSS, there parts and pricing, TCSS is the only ONLINE SABER SHOP I've bought from... I'm not ripping on the other shops I'm just saying My money is important as well as my time.

THANKS TIM for a great product and the easiest way to make a Childhood wish of mine come true.

IMO HANDS DOWN THE BEST WAY TO SHOP
    SITH

Quote Originally Posted by (null).exe View Post
    Road Race 1984 RX-7 (the cheapest model of RX-7 to race)
    • Road Race Tires: $150/ea x4 + Installation = $700
    • Race-quality Brake Pads: $90 front + $80 rear + Installation = $245
    • Roll Cage: $500 + Installation = $600
    • Racing Harnesses: $50/ea x2 + Installation = $150
    • Helmet: $150
    • 105 Octane Race Fuel: $17/gal x10 gallon = $170
    • Race Day Entry Fee: $100-700

And that's just the basics required to run a stock car in an entry-level race event.

My current price tag comes in at about $750 each time I take the RX-7 in for an upgrade/maintenance/repair visit in addition to the above costs

So yeah, you'll never hear me complaining about $200-300 worth of quality machined parts...it's well worth it in my books.
    Another rotary man... I've had more than a few rotaries myself and my last car (WRX, not a rotary) I spent close to 50k in mods alone. Now I'm over it and saber building has become my hobby of choice. But I'm considering buying a go-kart to scratch my speed itch. Still not as fulfilling as designing & building your own saber.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious