Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The black blade. I think I have a fresh idea.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'll be closing this thread soon. If you have any last things to say, say them (keep it clean and family friendly).

Then, NO MORE DISCUSSIONS on BLACK BLADES unless you have actually made a prototype and tested it and can prove it works.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Then I'll say this for Ripper's benefit.

The problem with your idea is that you have taken an idea that WOULD work in two dimensions and applied it to a three dimensional problem. You even mention in one of your posts that this might produce a dim blade with vertical stripes, which tells me you already noticed the flaw in your reasoning. You're absolutely right, that's probably what this plan would produce, unless it's too dim to produce stripes at all.

Fundamentally this is the problem with ALL of the different ideas. How does one simultaneously prevent the light from being seen at any given angle and still allow it to be seen from all OTHER angles? In three dimensions this is simple not possible. Not with technology that is affordable and readily available anyway.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Black Blades are like Cold Fusion, NOT POSSIBLE! Anyone think they are smarter than Albert Einstein, feel free to prove me wrong! There will be a Nobel Prize in it for you.

To echo nully;
    Unless you have a working prototype with accompanying photos and build log, do NOT create or update any thread concerning "Black" lightsaber blades.
    Last edited by Loachri MacTalabh; 06-23-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loachri MacTalabh View Post
    Black Blades are like cold fusion, NOT POSSIBLE!
    Ah, excuse me, sir but I believe that "cold" fusion is a physical probability, and is simple not feasable to accomplish with humanity's current level of technology.

A fusion reaction could have its produced temperature modified with the application of an extremely strong gravitic field or via hyper cooling through the use of a laser, in the same manner that a Bose-Einstein condensate is created, but it would require close to the amount of energy the reaction creates to maintain this cold temperature, thus nullifying it's viability as a useable power generation vehicle.

/comic book guy explanation
    When your lightsabers gutter and die in your hands,
    your blaster packs run dry of charge,
    your words of power dry up in your throat and I am still standing,
    what will you do then?

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

actually, cold fusion IS possible... and we're likely not too far away from it as well if the results in Sweden are real and can be reproduced reliably.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Quote Originally Posted by Loachri MacTalabh View Post
    Black Blades are like Cold Fusion, NOT POSSIBLE! Anyone think they are smarter than Albert Einstein, feel free to prove me wrong! There will be a Nobel Prize in it for you.

To echo nully;
    Huh didn't they prove cold fusion (on a micro scale) a couple years ago...
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

now that we're discussing Cold Fusion, can we lock this silly thread already?
    When your lightsabers gutter and die in your hands,
    your blaster packs run dry of charge,
    your words of power dry up in your throat and I am still standing,
    what will you do then?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yes, we can.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!