Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PC clash sensitivity find

If you can solder a board at all, then removing the sensor and connecting a wire to it to place it closer to the blade should be no problem. I've done it several times no sweat. Personally I find the switches more difficult to wire.

Having the board near the pommel usually makes SD card access easier while having it nearer the emitter is better for clash sensor which can be easily moved anyways. The other sensors seem to work as well in either position as long as you avoid the center. Adjusting your configs can compensate for the swing sensors but the clash is best near the emitter and mounted as solid as possible in my experience.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 06-23-2011 at 04:42 AM.

Just note that if you solder wires to a clash sensor, make sure you pull them quite hard to check the connection on the smaller lead. That connection is very easy to break so you have to do it strong and not put it in a high stress area of the hilt (where the wires could get pulled)

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

cool, thanks for the pointers guys may give it a go on my next build which hopfully wont be too long im gonna be making a sister saber to my most recent build for one of my pals so the hilt design is pretty much the same barring the emitter and pommel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    Just note that if you solder wires to a clash sensor, make sure you pull them quite hard to check the connection on the smaller lead. That connection is very easy to break so you have to do it strong and not put it in a high stress area of the hilt (where the wires could get pulled)
    Woah...be really careful with the smaller lead on the clash sensor. I have to recommend NOT to pull on it but make sure you have a clean and solid solder to it. Avoid bending them as well. I broke a few of them. I also put heatshrink all the way over the entire lead to try and strengthen it. If you plan to move your sensor away from the board then ordering an extra (or two) is a good idea.

Yeah, don't pull it OFF

I'd love for Tim to get some small PCBs made for the clash sensors to be mounted on... not that I couldn't make one for myself, but as an item in the store it would be nice.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    I'd love for Tim to get some small PCBs made for the clash sensors to be mounted on... not that I couldn't make one for myself, but as an item in the store it would be nice.
    You know, there IS a wishlist thread somewhere on the forum...now only if there was a tool one could use, something to search for existing threads...

:P
    When your lightsabers gutter and die in your hands,
    your blaster packs run dry of charge,
    your words of power dry up in your throat and I am still standing,
    what will you do then?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Skott knows where the thread is. No need to get sarcastic.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Not intending to be caustic, just some good-natured snarkyness
    When your lightsabers gutter and die in your hands,
    your blaster packs run dry of charge,
    your words of power dry up in your throat and I am still standing,
    what will you do then?