Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PC clash sensitivity find

Default PC clash sensitivity find

For anyone having problems with there clash read this. since installing my first pc iv found that the clash was not very sensitive, id installed it as you'd imagine low in the hilt on a solid mount and over time the sensor has loosened up a bit but i still had to give it a fairly good belt to make any clash sounds.
    Now what i found was this . my build is fairly bottom heavy due to using the large obi style pommel and when you stike somthing it creates a fair ammount of bounce which i can only assume is acting as a shock arrestor. hmm i thought lets try a lighter pommel so i used pommel style 4 from my cf saber as its pretty light, you would not belive the difference i only had to lightly tap the blade to get a response also the bounce had gone. so today im gonig to hone out some of the thicker parts of the obi pommel to get rid of as much weight as possible and see if it helps, il keep you posted on my findings.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

it might be easier moving the clash sensor to the blade end of the hilt...
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Or you could just install it as close to the emitter as possible. I know the common location is pommel end and that's what ERV recommends but Ryhen has great results with them installed close to the emitter.

Since the board uses metal balls for sensors I actually think they perform better if located emitter end.

Of course I am speaking from my experience with FX boards (same type of sensors).

hi guys i had read about removing the sensor and mounting it furhter up the hilt but am not confident doing that, i had also considered moving the board but im not sure it would fit under the switch gear and id have to near enough dismantle the whole saber to get to the sd card but thanks for the suggestions. I went ahead with my little experement using my dill press and a selection of rotary files iv managed to remove alot of unwanted weight. i can confirm its made a noticable difference not as much as pommel 4 but pretty much a happy medium

The location of the clash sensor versus the location of the board does make a difference. I was having issues with my contest saber, Sith'ari, and decided to ask my installer to relocated the sensor to the choke, just before the emitter. It made a huge difference. Since the PC is designed for anyone's use, I'd like to see a future release with a wire-to-board connection for the clash sensor so it could be easily mounted anywhere in the saber (kinda like an Fx board).

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixReborn View Post
    Thats actually quite easy to do.
    I don't necessarily dispute that, however, some might disagree (search around, you'll see what I mean). Desoldering and relocating the clash sensor isn't going to be easy for a novice. A wire-to-board connection would certainly make it easier.

id second that as the pc is supposed to be designed for both the novice and expert after all. id be happy to pay a little extra for a pc with the clash sensor on a fly lead. i wouldnt say i was a total novice at soldering in fact i do alot altho its mostly on internal boiler pipework and im not about to void the warrenty on a board thats cost me the best part of 100 quid

The warranty is only for 30days anyway. I guess it doesn't really matter if you were to do that after 30 days.

i see your point and if i had the spare cash i would probably buy a couple of boards to experement with but unfortunatley in the current financial climate its not a viable option for me. for my next build im going to try mounting one emitter end and see what happens. as for my current build, i have managed to pretty mch sort it with the weight reduction. i removed a little more weight last night and its working well