Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Voice changers?

Default Voice changers?

Anyone know of a good voice changer module that can be mounted in a costume helmet? I've seen a few of the toy helmets out there that come with built in voice changers (Like the Optimus Prime one from the 2nd Transformers movie). But I was wondering if you can buy just the voice changer hardware by itself?

I did a web search and came up with 2 different models...1 of them got pretty bad reviews, the other I didnt find any reviews at all on (looked kind of like a miniature megaphone)

Thanks
    Arashi

if you are looking for a voice changer check out manadalorian mercs ( Google it) they have a number of links to do with helmets which includes voice changers

Looked there, all I could find were pretty much straight amplifiers, I'm looking for something to modulate my voice...make it even scarier than it usually is. Found this one Voice Changer I might pick it up just to try out, its certainly cheap enough.

You may want to look into the Plecter labs Voice Core

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Plecter Labs...Maybe if I were independantly wealthy, but until then...I'll have to stick with $20 Hasbro saber boards and $10 Halloween voice changers.

Arashi

Try Hyperdyne or Romfx Revo.

Those are also very expensive.
    Some of the amps on the Mercs site have ports for ipods and microphones. There are some relatively cheap cell phone voice changers on ebay that MIGHT work with those.
    They are headsets you plug into the mic port on your phone as opposed to rigs with cheap built in speakers that aren't loud at all (like the one linked in this thread).
    Problem is that those will either make you sound like a robot or a duck or something cheesy. The deep voice option COULD work but it may sound like a distorted mess.
    Last edited by Big_Furry_Oaf; 09-06-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Here is a relatively cheap voice changer from Spirit Halloween shop:
    http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/voice-changer/
    It has 5 switches that you turn on or off in different configurations for different voice effects.

I have that voice changer. If you set it right you an sound just like a Clone Trooper. I forget which settings though.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

I would highly recommend the following if you're working on a tight budget:

http://www.electronickits.com/kit/co...surv/ck211.htm

It's really affordable, easy to assemble, and could fit inside your costume. The robot voice sounds a lot like a Battle Droid if you tune it right. If you can do a decent James Earl Jones Impression (phrasing, not the depth) with one of the controls you can sound just like Vader. Pretty cool unit for a great price.
    Follow Your Bliss