Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Idea for hilt part. Do you think it will work?

See...I see. I might be able to aquire those in time.

Not trying to be stingy. And thanks for the tips, after just having the random idea(that came out of no where...I can barely run a mile lol), I was happy because now I can add some color to my saber planning.
    Last edited by ks_racegirl727; 06-22-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boj-Vaati Mau View Post
    Fiber reinforced cut-off wheels, a moto-tool, & some grinding bits. Aluminum cuts & shapes easier than brass or copper. Have fun & ask questions if you haven't found the answer in a Sticky.
    Hola. Didn't find a sticky. *sighs*

I've been looking around online and amazon to guesstimate which Fiber reinforced cut-off wheels, moto-tool, & grinding bits would be best...but, All I'm seeing is numbers..... I've read all of the stickies in "General Hilt Building", and I read over the Dremeling, commonly used drill, bit tap, etc sizes, and the dictionary....twice.

I'm on summer break...so you aren't allowed to give me a test. ^-^ That and my brain hurts....Numbers start melting together after awhile...

Anyway, is there certain "main" required specific tools? I realize there is personal perference and creativity involved....
    That and I'm keeping my eyes pealed on two dremel kits on ebay...does it matter what kind or series it is? Or if it fits the attachments, its fine.

*sighs* And I haven't even started on builting yet....YAYYYYYYYY!

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

lol no worries hon, there's plenty of time so just relax and take your time. ^_^ get a 300 series dremel kit - they're pretty cheap at wal-mart brand new and normally come with enough to at least get you started. and pick up a general use dremel kit and a dremel snake looking attachment if you can find it too - the snake is SOOO much easier to handle than the dremel and can get in a LOT more places.

also, if the inner diameter of the batons are 1.45 inches, they should fit over MHS parts (and sinktube adapters) perfectly. you might need to find some calipers for that measurement though.

good luck hon!
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Dremel and other rotary tools are the kind of things some people buy and never use or receive as gifts, and as such tend to pop up pretty frequently in garage sales. A few weeks ago I checked out a handful of garage sales and found 3 dremels and a box of bits. Since this is prime garage sale season, I might suggest you give it a shot. One that comes with a flexible shaft attachment would be best. As for the cut-off wheels and grinding bits, you really don't need to sweat the specifics too much. Just go to your local hardware store and buy whichever cut-off wheels they have in stock. Personally I prefer the ones that aren't fiber reinforced, but try a few of each and see what works best for you. Sanding drums are even more useful than grinders, so be sure to pick up a few packs in various grits. As for the bits fitting, they are pretty much universal as long as you have a few differently sized collets. Don't worry if you don't understand what I just said, you'll figure it out when you look at your kit.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

oooooooh! and get a set of jeweler's files to help finish off rough edges as well. they're priceless.

^-^ haha Thanks you all!! I've been meaning to be one "of thoooosee people" that hunt at yard/garage sales. lol

If this baton idea works(which I hope it does), I can't wait to see what everyone else tries. lol

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I just like the fact that there's another girl on the forums interested in building lightsabers.

There aren't many of us here, compared to the number of guys.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    I just like the fact that there's another girl on the forums interested in building lightsabers.

There aren't many of us here, compared to the number of guys.
    Quoting for truth. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    Quoting for truth. ^_^
    It's a lie though, everyone knows there are no girls on the internet.

You three are obviously cunningly-fashioned fembots, bent on world domination through forum posting.
    When your lightsabers gutter and die in your hands,
    your blaster packs run dry of charge,
    your words of power dry up in your throat and I am still standing,
    what will you do then?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by (null).exe View Post
    It's a lie though, everyone knows there are no girls on the internet.

You three are obviously cunningly-fashioned fembots, bent on world domination through forum posting.
    ......I've talked to cleverbot to many times. I HIGHLY doubt there are fembots around. lol

Star Wars Girls UNITE! hahaha

I'm poking around on MS paint for ideas as of now. I'll hop back on when I think of a few. ^-^ lol