Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Golden Petit

Default Golden Petit

This is a pimped variation on my old "Purple Petit" budget saber. It was made for a Japanese friend as a birthday present to his wife. (I hope for his sake that this isn't a case of Homer buying Marge a bowling ball made to fit his own hand.) It's a Petit Crouton (Light Meat) with a Luxeon Rebel (green) powered by two 14500 li-ion batteries. One of the things I'm proudest of is actually invisible: my custom battery/speaker/soundboard chassis made to fit Tim's 1.25" sink tubes perfectly.

Here's a render of the battery/speaker/soundboard chassis:

And here's a video:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Matt Thorn; 06-20-2011 at 12:56 AM.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Very nice and clean looking saber, now you have to show us your chassis... Is it one of those "printed" chassis that I believe I saw you had made a while back?
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

+1 for chassis shots, im intrigued
    Clean saber, i like the shroud.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    Very nice and clean looking saber, now you have to show us your chassis... Is it one of those "printed" chassis that I believe I saw you had made a while back?
    Thanks. Yes, it's printed through Shapeways.com.
    Here it is with just the speaker snapped in:

Here it is with a speaker and standard 4AAA battery case (Note that the speaker isn't yet wired):

And here's what it looks like from the bottom after it's installed in a 1.25" sinktube:

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrell View Post
    +1 for chassis shots, im intrigued
    Clean saber, i like the shroud.
    Thanks. It's actually a "pseudo shroud." I applied transparent gold powder coating to the chrome tube, masking parts of it with polyester tape. The masked portions remain chrome, giving an illusion of a gold shroud over a chrome base (or vice versa).

I didn't think about it until I was almost done, but the gold and the curves (not to mention the smallish size) are reminiscent of Palpatine's saber.

Awesome chassis, very nice. Also saw a few nice greeblies and kill keys in the album, too cool.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Looks great Matt - always love to see your sabers.
    Awesome job on the chassis...makes me want to find someone that can do "printed" stuff
    Yub Yub Commander.

great saber.....love the battry speaker chasis good design

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Nice little saber, Matt.

It looks perfect for small hands, as a lot of Asians have (I've worked with a lot of Asians and I think that's what makes them so good at assembling small things).

What does it say on the kill key?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Great saber! I like the chassis, but you shouldn't have shown it! Now I Want One