Thread: 1.25" sink tube inside MHS main body

Question 1.25" sink tube inside MHS main body

Hey all

I was wanting to put a 1.25" sink inside the MHS main body to act as a battery can and a sensor/resistor can. Ideas and feed back? Will this work? I figure it should since the ID of the MHS is 1.25" and the OD of the sink tube is 1.25"
    Do you judge me by my size? With the force I am strong.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

A 1.25" sink tube is used for shrouds because the MHS fits inside it. However, your idea will still work. Our good friend Erv Plecter has a tutorial on how to secure your electronics.

Installing & secure electronic modules within the saber's hilt by Erv'

It's not easy to install the electronic modules and the battery pack inside the saber's hilt, making sure that it is not going to move. We tried several techniques, here is the one we prefer :
    - Cut 2 rings of chromed tube in what is generally left after cutting the main tube for the hilt (our 35 mm chromed tube for instance). Cut the rings so that they can flex on themselves and therefore get into the main tube. Use a dremmel or an electric rotating cutting tool.
    - The first ring is about 30mm, the other 70 mm.
    - Glue the Crystal Focus a the back of the battery pack, on the empty zone of the PCB (where the SD card holder is not). Use some hot melt glue (with a glue pistol). You'll get a total length of 15 cm.
    - Put the battery pack in the rings. Put the shorter ring to the battery pack side that will be the most shoved into the hilt. The longest ring is fully covering the electronic module and the SD card is a bit recessed in the ring.
    - Glue the small ring, apply some glue on the sides of the battery pack. Make sure to have the other extremity of the battery pack shoved in the ring so that the assembly is straigth.
    - Cut a big window in the longest ring to further gain access to the electronics of the board, just leave a little strip of metal on the pommel side. It will be used to secure the craddle inside the hilt when the covertec screw will pass through the main tube and the craddle.
    - Glue the long ring. You'll get an overall length of about 16 or 17 cm. The weight is distributed all along the hilt, which provides a really nice balance. The 35 mm rings used here could also fit a bigger ID tube, like a graflex : for that, open the rings instead of pressing on them, that will enlarge their diameter.

1.25" sinktube will fit inside MHS parts, 1.5" tubing is what is generally used for shrouds over the MHS parts.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

My brain was right, it's just my hands were working faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Loachri MacTalabh View Post
    My brain was right, it's just my hands were working faster.
    Happens to me all the time!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Sweet, thanks guys. that means i idea, should be spot on...i will have to post when i start building it.
    Do you judge me by my size? With the force I am strong.

Actually TCSS does sell the 1 1/4 " tube that fits inside most MHS parts. You may need to sand it slightly to get a smooth slide in and out without heavy stratching.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/1-...tube--P83.aspx