Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Cardcollector's "Rak Kazakh" Build thread

The blue piece on the choke/extension really pops out. I like it. I'd love to see a video.

Was it explained earlier what that piece is? If so, I'll go reread the thread.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    Love the flat black on this saber, looks great. Looks like an aux switch is wired to the box for activation and av switch is a dud? Future upgrades to PC maybe?

And look who ended up with a cutout under the box!

Awaiting gallery thread and video. Very nice.
    Heheh, yeah, I wound up just cutting the darn thing out cause it was easier... doesn't look very nice though. I didn't have time to clean it up like I wanted...

Quote Originally Posted by Boj-Vaati Mau View Post
    That is a sweet lokking saber, mate! Good on ya! I'd have added some of the blue near the emitter, maybe ringed the end, but that's just me. I really like the shroud too. Pray tell, where'd you get the nylon chasis parts?
    I got all the Chassis parts at ACE. I took the extension, and just put washers in the hilt till I found one that fir perfectly. Then I got some nylon spacers... 6-32 nuts... 6-32 threaded rod... and the chassis was born. Really great stuff to work with, nonconductive, easy to shape... I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    The blue piece on the choke/extension really pops out. I like it. I'd love to see a video.

Was it explained earlier what that piece is? If so, I'll go reread the thread.
    No ,I didn't explain that, it is just a piece of mHS sleeve material I cut with a pipe cutter and slid on the female end of the ribbed extension. Nothing fancy, just adds a little balance to the lower portion methinks...

BTW guys; Glam thread is up.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...S-Custom-Saber
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Look for jeweler's files. They are very small and fine.
    God no... My jeweler set was like $250.

Get cheap metal files, the small one's, that you find in every hardware store. Canadian Tire and Home Depot sells them for $15.
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

A set of *true* jewelers files might run you that much, but in a lot of hardware stores regular old miniature files might be labeled as jewelers. I got mine at Harbor Freight for ~$5.