Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grond by JamoUp

Default Grond by JamoUp

I normally don't like naming sabers that I don't intend to keep/use myself. But for identification purposes that has become hard.
    So…

This is "Grond" named after the "mace of Morgoth" I chose the name because the blade is purple and it is running "Shatterpoint" by Madcow. Both of which are Mace Windu nods. See what I did there? mace of Morgoth/Mace Windu? Eh, whatever… I think it works…and if you don't…it must be over your head.

Anyway, some specs:
    LEDengin RGBA -tuned to Purple
    PC-U (now locked) with "Shatterpoint" by Madcow
    Madcow style switches
    BH-18 chopped pommel (Eastern57 style)
    7.4v LiIon in-hilt rechargeable pack
    Custom powder coating
    Diamond knurled grip
    MHS parts (customized)
    Easy access electronics sled

Pics:

VIDEO:
    http://youtu.be/pCVLuIr9e58

Thank you for looking!

Absolutely gorgeous, Jamo! Love the simple emitter shroud and the little touch of red! Very nice and creative!

It's similar in design as mine, so of course I'll be partial to the overall look, but this is aesthetically one of my favs!

p.s. One of these days you folks are gonna have to show me how you wire the electronics for the switch all the way up there by the LED! So nice and impressive... Would love to have a feature like that on my saber...
    Last edited by captain_mills; 06-14-2011 at 09:05 PM. Reason: adding post script comment

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

This beautiful saber really goes to show simplicity is best! Love the hint of colour, it reminds me of a surgical tool (which I guess, if you were careful, sabers could be used for) Neat chassis, just fantastic all round. .

Quote Originally Posted by wikedjestr View Post
    What did you use for your sled?
    PVC.

thanks for the comments guys!

do you smell purple, Nice saber I like the grip alot.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Fantastic! I like alot Madcow's style sabers!
    How did you put the switches near the emitter? And.. they are screws??? (You know, my dream is to become able to build a saber like this... )
    It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.
    [Jean-Luc Picard]

Blog Entries

I like how sleek it looks!!!
    "Do or do not....there is no try" - Yoda

Madcow would be proud!
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Not a fan of the diamond knurling. Otherwise, I like it. Internals look good too.