Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first saber complete at last!!!!

Default My first saber complete at last!!!!

Woohooo!

Just finished my first saber, its only a basic stunt saber but im very proud of it as its the first time i've touched any electrical work.

A huge thank you to all of you who have been patient in answering all my noob questions!

Just need to shorten the thumbscrew a little

Looks great! It's very clean & functional looking. Good job & congrats on finishing your first saber!

Congratulations and welcome to the ranks of saber builders! It feels great the first time you fire it up, try to never forget that feeling.

Watch your wallet closely, you'll be wanting to make another soon
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

shorten thumbscrew I agree with...looks good and clean ...my opinion needs some color....and yes watch your wallet because after your first you will keep building them till you have a rack of them on your wall...

Looks good for a first saber, simple - great first step.
    Two pointers that would make this even better (easy fix)
    1) as mentioned before, shorten the thumb screw some (can easily do with either a dremel or worse case, vice and hacksaw) make sure and file the end down so not to mess up the threads.
    2) you could take the LED / BH assembly appart and sand the head sink down some (very little at a time) and line up the thumb screw with the switch.

Either way - the fixes I suggested are just my opinion and I'm not knocking your first saber by any means - just a couple pointers to make it even better.

as also noted - hold on to your wallet...it starts running away with MHS parts!
    Yub Yub Commander.

i think that saber looks good i am a BIG fan of that easy on the eyes look. all my MHS sabers look like yours in a way they are verry easy to swing without anythong on the hilt geting in your way. good job now try not to break anything when you are swingin it in the house lol what is your set up buckpuk, resistor, or just a stright 3.7Li-ion to LED and no resistor?

i agree with the others hid your wallet this hobby can get expensive =)

nice work once again

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Nice work. Wish I did a TCSS saber as my 1st. They just look so clean! Nice job. Don't knock your work, you dod great. Mine worked but was a mess. This is a great 1st saber. Don't just watch your cash. Watch your friends to, you will be seeing a lot less of them if your hooked! They miss me and they want a saber too. lol

Agreed! Nice and simple!

1) Ditto the remark about your thumb screw. Shorten that sucker a bit.
    2) Lining up the thumb screw with either the switch or the covertec will add to the overall effect...
    3) ... as will a shroud... Even a simple one will do wonders! It won't break your wallet either with some simple sink tube from your LHS (or the shoppe here...lol).

Nice job otherwise!!!
    CMills

Remember, your LED will ALWAYS look brighter in pics and vids... If you're not playing with it at night, it's not gonna impress you...

I add my congratulations, love the look. And if in the future you want to still work on it, being that is a nice simple design, you can! Happy sabering!

Blog Entries

love it!!!
    "Do or do not....there is no try" - Yoda