Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The PCMG presents the "Crack the PC-L" Contest!

Nevermind. I just read SilverSerpent's "Flashing campaign" post. I see a procedure has already been worked out. I'm already half way into my build and the chassis I designed makes it difficult to get the bare board back out and solder free. I can live with LM/DM for now and look forward to future PC's as they become available.
    "So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life." -- Genesis 3:24 Lightsabers are real.

A question about the fonts, we had mentioned in the Store Wish List section: I know that buying with Novastar's CDs I'll have all the fonts avalaible (or, if not not all, a lot of them), but the only fonts in .wav format are the ones on CD 3, right? So do you think there will be a new CD with the fonts in .wav format for the new PC? Maybe in this CD the fonts will also be lightened (the PC hasn't all the features of the CF: no Force sound, only one poweron, ...).
    What do you think about?
    It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.
    [Jean-Luc Picard]

No. I have all the CDs in wav format for my v5, you just have to let him know which format you want.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Fantastic! Didn't know this possibility ! Thank you!
    It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.
    [Jean-Luc Picard]

Quote Originally Posted by Picky View Post
    A question about the fonts, we had mentioned in the Store Wish List section: I know that buying with Novastar's CDs I'll have all the fonts avalaible (or, if not not all, a lot of them), but the only fonts in .wav format are the ones on CD 3, right? So do you think there will be a new CD with the fonts in .wav format for the new PC? Maybe in this CD the fonts will also be lightened (the PC hasn't all the features of the CF: no Force sound, only one poweron, ...).
    What do you think about?
    If you already have the first two CD's, Novastar has a walk-through at FX-Sabers regarding changing the fonts from .RAW to .WAV: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=25647.0

To use a CF font with a PC is easy...you just need to settle on which power on and power off you'd like to use and which blaster or force effect you'd like instead of trying to use all four of them.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Sorry I should have come to this thread much sooner. Been a crazy week so far (has nothing to do with sabers though).

here is the link to the flashing thread as posted elsewhere (thanks again for that) but figured a duplicate in this thread would not be a bad thing.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=30984.0

Thanks for the people that participated in this and congrats to AZ (late here...sorry) for the fantastic job of bringing the unlocked PC to the masses.
    MH on FX-Forums

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

yes, a crazy week indeed. and no, normally i would consider this only half a hack since the PC isn't tancing in my hands yet... more jerking spasmodically while i sing to it... but the end result is the same, so it's all good. ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

I have a question, when returning my board for flashing, in de-soldering my board, and using the solder braid. When building my saber I learnt much, including the necessity to use thinner gauge wiring. So, along with my novice soldering skills, re-wiring, etcetera, my PC-L has had, shall we say (in my uneducated opinion) a rough time of it. Is it tougher than I worry about? Can I assume it will stand up to a little rough (soldering iron wise) treatment? Or can I pay for a service to have it de-soldered? As reasonably priced as these boards are, I would prefer not to have to buy TOO many.Hee hee.

hey guys. does anyone know if the flashing service will be available in the future or will it be a one time thing? i have 2 boards that i would love to get flashed however i live in dublin and i'm touring the us right now and wont have access to my boards for shipping until august.
    thanks.

It will continue to be available for quite some time. You shouldn't have any trouble getting them flashed in August or even later. I don't think erv will be getting rid of his flashing equipment anytime soon.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!